Title??????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUCKY DEVIL 13

Greasy Gearhead
Ok so this is my ? for you guys out there - - - I have my 1942 chevy pickup cab it was on a 1.5 ton frame and I have the title for it but when I went to the dmv to transfer the title I was told that i would have to title and license it as a commercial vehicle since that is what it was last titled as or if I wanted it titled as a street rod I have to fill out some paperwork and then trailer it to the state DMV and have it inspected - - - SOOOOOO what I am asking for is what I should do

Thanx
LUCKY DEVIL [ddd

P.S. I know that each state is different with this stuff but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated [S [S [S [S [S

I cut a piece of poster board to the size of a license plate. On it, I write, "In Transit For Inspection". Then I drive it to the DMV Inspection station. I've done it with two cars, a total of four trips. Probably far from legal, but I never got stopped and the Inspection Station people didn't say anything.

Latest posts

Back