Thoughts on titles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should ad that the bill of sale is not the exclusive evidence to present to the court it is just one example the court mayconsider when establishing higher claim.
Witnessess to the sale, registration of the previous owner, shipping documetns, reciepts, etc, anything that can be made an item of public record ads to the validity of your claim.
The Court's power to assign ownership is supreme over all other adminsitration or office, it is the final word.

Man that guy loves to type^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tmans post did get me to thinking about something and he started to hit on manufacturers license to build and sell cars. Manufacturers have to build to federal guidline for the year that the car is built. It is sometimes believed that a hobby car built in say 2012 has to have all the safty equipment as a new car. This is not alway the case.

During my vin inspection, part of the inspection was also to check to see if the truck was road worthy. By dot standards you are required to have a front windshield with working wipers, two mirrors, horn, head lights, parking lights, left/right turn/stop light, brakes, seat belts (if equiped) and a engine with adequate horse power to get into and maintain movement will the follow of traffic.

I did have guys tell me if I went thru with getting a new vin that I would have to install all the new safty BS in my truck and it would be called a 2012. Colorado has a rebuilt classification (more risk because you have to have a finish car), we also have a built classification (kit cars and home made, to start the paper work all you need a rolling frame w/stearing and cab) I mananged to fall into the rebuilt so I got titled as a 49. otherwise If i had went into a built class I would of been titled as a 2012, but still would of been titled with out making any changes to the truck.

I'm not 100% sure because I have not researched it specifically but I believe that the requirements for airbags, anti lock brakes, emission certification etc are NOT DOT regs but are regulations imposed upon the commercial manufacture or in other words regulation of the manufacturer's license not regulation of use on a public highway.
if your not a licensed manufacturer then the regulations ruling over that license do not apply to you.
regulation and rule of law is based in voluntary subjection, your basically free and unregulated (the law protects you but does not rule over you) unless you willingly chose to engage in regulated activities (taking license, oath of office, comitting a crime for which you plead or are found guilty)
Once under the rule of law, the rule of law applies only so far as is it concernes the execution of office or license or rehabilitation. Outside of the privilege you remain otherwise free from under the law.

License is official sanction to engage in an outlawed activity

So...
If they are going to license and regulate an activity they first have to make it illegal to do the thing. But they create a license you can get to do it and the regulations rule over tbhe license. if you break the rules of the license the legal jeopardy falls upon the license not upon you
You were given permission to do an illegal thing and didn't follow the rules so you must pay a fine against the license... or you lose the license for not paying the fine or the license is simply revoked instead of a fine.
Since you already had the license before you broke the rules, you cannot be charged for the crime of doing the illegal thing (without a license)
But if you did not get a license (official sanction/permission) to do the illegal thing then you can be charged with the crime for doing the illegal thing because you were not given permission.

Once permission has been given to do something illegal and the person given permission breaks the rules of the permission... the law can only go after the permission not after he person who recieved permission because the person was under permission when he broke the rules.

Government cannot give permission to do a legal thing it can only giver permission to do illegal things... all legal activites of freemen are beyond the reach of government, only illegal activities are under the rule of law... ie regulated.
rule of thumb...
if it's regulated... it's illegal... unless you have agreed to subject yourself, take license and recieve special permission.

so all that blah blah blah explains why a commercial manufacturer has to comply with rules that a private manufacturer does not.

The federal government has required to states to implement certain standards for them to recieve federal highway fund dollars...
The states therefore have their own slate of laws by which their state dot rules comply with federal dot rules but it's still state law. The states cannot impose federal law it is beyond their jurisdiction.

So you're going to have slight differences amoung the states but the overall standard is federal in origin but not federal in application.

if your not required to have a commercial manufacturer's license then the regulations applying to that licence do not apply to you
Only the statutory dot regs would apply to your personal creation
if the state itself has no state emission standards then it cannot impose federal standards.
a loophole I think would be if your engine was manufactured under federal licence subject to epa certification then the state could require your engine be installed and operated correctly under the federal regulation which originally certified it for commercial sale.
but if you created your engine yourself from uncertified components I believe it would be exempt from regulation.
It's a federal crime to decertify a vehicle manufactured under federal authority so that might play into a state requiring recycled components meet federal certification for the year of manufacture.

Okay has any one done it latley? used a old title from some one esle and titled there ride?

Are you getting the hint that it is ILLEGAL? I would hope that no one here would engage in criminal activity that not only puts them at risk of losing their vehicle, but reflects poorly on the hot rod community as a whole.

Or at least if someone did engage in that type of activity I think a public message board should not be a place to discuss it. Ya dig?

Only the statutory dot regs would apply to your personal creation
if the state itself has no state emission standards.....

In Colorado on the western slope we don't have emission standards but on the eastern slope they do. If you live on the eastern slope all cars have to have an emission sticker.

Okay has any one done it latley? used a old title from some one esle and titled there ride?

52 fordman

tumblr_lya3y1oxXy1qcao93o1_500.gif

52 fordman

In most states this would not be legal. Va has an abandoned vehicle application for title, all you need is a vin and $30 to do it online. Check your DMV to see if you can do this in your state.

Titles

I have NOT done this. But was wondering if any one has. So far i have been lucky to get titles with the things i have bought. There is no way I could do this as I work for the state! Do something stupid and lose my job... NO WAY.

52 fordman

I have NOT done this. But was wondering if any one has. So far i have been lucky to get titles with the things i have bought. There is no way I could do this as I work for the state! Do something stupid and lose my job... NO WAY.

52 fordman

Yeah, but you were asking others to confess to recent illegal doings on a public forum?

Yeah, but you were asking others to confess to recent illegal doings on a public forum?

Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll
Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll
troll-hunter.jpg

LOL just kidding fordman

Latest posts

Back