1956 chevy 2 dr sedan tittle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exador

As I was reading this thread I seen where selling a tittle could be a felony. I have a 56 chevy tittle in fair condition. It is in the name of person who I bought car from. I got car for parts. I then junked car in local junk yard. It has been many yrs since car was scrapped. Car was just an old car at the time. Give or take 40 yrs.

A question to all, could I sell this tittle as a collectors item? Would that get me away from the potential felony?

Title? You can call it a pink elephant if you want, still doesn't make selling it without a matching vehicle legal. Is it worth it for a few bucks? Besides - Why help bring unnecessary heat on our hobby when the lawmakers are trying hard enough to shut it down? Don't give them ammunition! People that try to register bogus cars/titles just make it harder for those of us who go through the proper legal channels.

thanks

Just did not think far enough ahead to think of bringing down troubles for others.

Just keep it.

I see on another rat rod forum that there are guys selling these all the time, for a lot of money...If I was the admin of that forum, I wouldnt be allowing it.....Condoning it might get them in a mess too

Titles

E Bay use to let you sell them years ago but stopped. I have sold a few before they stopped it. Now the ones I have are in a frame and are considered art!

They will never be made again so where are you going to find a title to a 1939 Plymouth truck? Hanging on my wall is where and that's the place for it for me. not worth the trouble. Just done have enough space. A buddy was in an old salvage yard got me a milk crate full of them some signed by owner...

52 fordman

7-8 years ago I was selling them on the hamb. Got a call from the state and they eventually decided I needed to surrender all the ones I had left. All were from an old junkyard and nothing newer than 52. Now most forums don't allow it either. My state says when a car is junked or no longer exists, like junk yards, the titles need to be sent in so the state can remove it from the system.
As soon as I found out the grey area I thought I was in really was black and white, I quit.
But I have sold vehicles there was very little left of with clear title, as long as the frame number and vin tag are there.

Latest posts

Back