28 Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen so many new parts fail, I think quality is out the widow now a days.

Sorry for your troubles, vht.:mad:

I have no idea what parts and pieces you have, but the old adage, "You get what you pay for" may apply. If you bought parts entirely on price, your goose was cooked before you left the house...

Went back through our posts and seen that you have a 9" Ford. They make what is called a Green bearing, it has an o-ring around the outer diameter of the bearing that seals to the housing.
I've used these for years and never had one fail.

All parts used were name brand, that's what sucks about it. I'm going to call Quick Performance and get the parts to fix it. I must have broke a mirror or done something wrong, the air compressor died the other day, had to go buy a new one today. I'm due for some GOOD luck, that's for sure. Looking forward to the rod run this week end, so far they are giving 80 and really nice weather. That will be an improvement over the last 2, that's for sure. I sweated more today than a Clinton witness.

Went to the Cynthiana Rod Run Saturday. There was at least 1800 cars plus tractors, Semi trucks, and you name it. Got there at 7.30 in the morning, leaving home it was 58 degrees, talk about a change! Anyway, we got over the whole town about twice before it got so crowded you couldn't walk. A lot of nice old cars plus some you just had to ask WHY?! Car ran great, nothing fell off and it got a ton of attention. It still has some blow by where the rings were washed with gas from the Holley carbs, going to change out the blower pistons this winter and bump up the compression. Wish I could sell the rotating assy to someone building a blower motor, I'd stick a stroker kit in it. Damn pistons were $900 with the upgraded pins. Can't remember what the H beam rods were. Going with the roll bar this winter so I can take it to the strip and play, been 7 yrs since I made a pass. Also got my bead roller motorized and done, going to pic up some more dies so I can do a little more with it.

Took out an axle, bearing and seal thursday. The curse is still on, think I'm going to get a priest out here and do an exorism or whatever it's called.

The axle and bearing is on it's way, I'll know when I go to put it in. What I'm afraid of is when it was narrowed if they screwed up or not. First one I didn't do myself, wish I would of took the extra effort and done it.

Well bought another body and chassis so I may have this one for sale in a month or so. May just sell it rolling, will see what happens. Shouldn't be to hard to get rid of, I'd keep it but I'll need the $$$$ to build the other one.

Going to keep it and make a few changes this winter. Going to build a 406 sbc, sell the 427 and do a few more things this winter. The way the car handles now I figure with a sb and alum heads it'll handle even better. I'll gather parts for the 33 plymouth as I go along. I'll try to do better on updates.

Took out an axle, bearing and seal thursday. The curse is still on, think I'm going to get a priest out here and do an exorism or whatever it's called.

May have to name her Linda [ddd

linda.blair_.exorcist.jpg

Latest posts

Back