Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Undead Sleds... makin' old tin Undead every day! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk

Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk General discussion of car type stuff!

Old 03-31-2018, 05:44 PM
Never met a beer he didn't like!

Boards only die when people quit posting and it would be a real shame to see it go!

Beercan
Old 03-31-2018, 07:02 PM
A *real* tin magnet

I haven't had my rod out since back in Oct. Just waiting patently for the mud to dry up and get a day in the 50s to get it out. Everytime it looks like it might get nice, 3-4" of wet snow falss. It is nice having the old 59, pretty much a rat I guess and I drive it several times a week. Got some new Cepek 255x85x16 mudders since this picture last year. It's my therapy, otherwise I just lay around watching tv.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1585.jpg (106.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-31-2018, 07:48 PM
Rocket Surgeon

earthman: I rarely attend car shows, but when I do, I take some snaps and post them here. (I've grown tired of shows... had more than my fill working and displaying in years past!)

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan
Old 03-31-2018, 10:20 PM
A *real* tin magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
earthman: I rarely attend car shows, but when I do, I take some snaps and post them here. (I've grown tired of shows... had more than my fill working and displaying in years past!)

Me too, haven't been to a car show in years, not much blows my hair back at a car show, the parking lot is generally more interesting. I do enjoy the pictures of events that you guys post though.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:09 AM

Having been out of the old car scene for over ten years, here is my story:

I went from restoring old cars to restoring old houses. The house I recently restored and living in is over 100 years old...So...I am also a member of an Old House Forum. But now with this recent purchase I am back in the old cars, and I am thrilled with this rat I am toying with.

I have to agree with the posters that are tired of the old car shows, looking at the same paint jobs and store bought hot rods.

Or as AZrodDave says "I can easily say I was NOT impressed by all the shiny '50s and '60s show cars bought by the rich guys in their hawaiian shirts, panama hats sitting in their lawn chairs. The neat stuff for me was the row of rat rods and the '64 Chevy pickup that some old crusty guy had brought. THOSE are the cool and REAL people, just like most of the folks here."

So! Now I go, to disturb others with noise smoke rust and God knows what else. (I still have cobwebs in the rear window)...Kind of like that scene in Captain Ron when he steers and docks the old sailboat perfectly at the high class waterfront bar.

Having said all that, here are a couple pics of shows I recently attended. One is at my little town's monthly show, I am parked next to another creampuff '53 with small block, the owner was cool (retired military with a lot of money to spend)and we hung out.

The other one is in Lakeland Fla, where I am parked next to a red 55 Chev.

I should have taken pics of the few rats at these shows, only one or two, next time I will.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1210.JPG (217.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1220.jpg (87.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-01-2018, 07:42 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I don't think the site is dying, I think there are highs and lows. Life is busy for most everyone. I check the site at least once a day and some times two or three times. I don't always post anything but love to check out how everyone is doing.
KB is the site that lead me here and I think it has been dying for at least three years. Never did get much of a response to my build thread.

The Hamb does nothing for me so I don't even bother with it. This is the best site on the web.

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:32 AM
A *real* tin magnet

How is anyone going to know how others are doing if you just show up to see but don;t talk?
Old 04-01-2018, 09:31 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowbilly3 View Post
How is anyone going to know how others are doing if you just show up to see but don;t talk?
I have seen remarks about lack of new posts on the 3 sites that I frequent so this seems to be a common issue. Just like with things like FB and snapchat and whatever else is out there, there tends to be an ebb and flow. I always try to post or comment on other peoples posts to keep things moving and to let the OP know that someone is looking in.
In many cases new members can find the info they seek by using the search option which does away with the need to ask questions.
And as we all know from experience many sites are not as FRIENDLY as this one is, so perhaps some new members are hesitant to post????
As a resource this site is still a great asset and I for one will always be a member and contribute what I can......
Torchie
Old 04-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

I like your post Lazarat. Bamamav, WB, Bob W, Tripper and others that share what is going on in their lives as well as build threads making this site warmer like getting together with friends. I really,really enjoy cruising threads with pix showing and describing a members local area. CONTEST !!!
Old 04-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Still crazy after all these years!

I read almost every word of every post. It is noticeable that sometimes posts go without comment even though comment might be warranted or wanted by the person posting. I don't mean just the "atta boy" type comments, although I do some of those to keep the ball rolling and bring posts to the top.

Members come and go and I miss many of the good guys and gals that no longer post. The dynamic that survives is that we all check our egos at the door and are always courteous. There's good humor here but no one is made fun of.

Criticism is reserved for some outlandish pile that does not have a person's name connected with it. Or If someone is building something unsafe helpful comments are forthcoming.

We've had fun contests here from photography to captions to poetry.

The generosity of our members is uncommon. I've received free stuff from more than a few guys. And have sent out a few items myself.

All this indicates an interest in cars and other wheeled vehicles (not to mention dogs, cats, cows, clean jokes, music, etc.) and a mutual respect for members that has been created by Tripper and continues on.

And the band played on.