52 GMC 5 window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
Here's my love! I'm 25 and have had this truck since I was 15. It has been through 4 houses with me. I paid $150 for it and I had to cut down a tree to get it out. As you can see it is in a million pieces right now, but there is a complete truck somewhere.:p I had to patch some holes in the frame and replace some crossmembers that were pretty much gone. I just need to hang the rearend and por15 the entire thing, then I should be ready to put er back together.

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 44
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
I think I'm gonna get a better cab and put her back together, but since that cab is pretty bad, I'm gonna build a rat truck with it. I'll probably start on a frame here pretty soon. I just picked up this grill that I think would go well with that cab. And I have extra rearends, motors and trans sitting around, so I'll just throw everything together and make another truck. Who ever said you can't get 2 from 1? Ha Ha:D

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 16
Love that grill!

Inked,
Thanks for posting fotos of u're trruck! I love ratty old trucks & I *love* that International grill! Please post some fotos of that '64 Chev in the background. Is that your too? I just saw a ratty '64 Imp at a local car show that was *slammed* big time!

BoB

Last edited:
Truck is looking good. You did a nice job on the frame repairs and mods.

I too love '64 Chevys. I had a convertible in about '65-'66. Really pretty cars.

Don

Thanks, here's some more pics of all the holes from the stock crossmember that I started filling in the frame. This truck has been a learning tool from the beginning. If I can't figure it out, I'll call one of my buddies that can!:D

These are old pics. I've put another crossmember closer to the front rear spring perches. I just need to angle some braces between the two and it should be able to handle about anything.

Attachments

• 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 30
  • fgdsfg.jpg
    fgdsfg.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 32
  • sfd.jpg
    sfd.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
Nice work there. should be solid.
BTW I was told by a boss of mine at a Texaco station many moons ago that the GM shocks with the spirals were the factory shocks. Replacements were not spiral.

Good joob Monkey. You can make two trucks out of one. I mean well but it seems like I usually end up doing the opposite. I buy three cars and end ip with one complete and a pile of scrap when I'm done. I must be doing something wrong.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at right now. My buddies give me crap for having so many parts laying around, so this is a way to use them!:D

Yep, the hardest part is staying quiet in the garage!
I always start off with something soft then I figure, well this wouldn't make too much more noise, before you know it I've got the grinder out and the radio going. That's when my buddies in blue come over and yell at me!:mad: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back