Let's see those tractors!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New tires should be here soon.

Attachments

• 92068.jpg
    92068.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 33
I built a drive shaft using Borgensen ujoints and double d shaft from balancer to hydrostatic drive. I know it’s a weak link but just built it to drive around not pull.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago my old grass seed buyer phoned and said he was finally selling his fathers farm. Would I be interested in any old tractors? They were mostly Minneapolis-Molines. Would I be interested; I almost wet my pants.
Well, yesterday a few of us went to this farm about 70 miles away and wrestled old tractors. It wasn't pretty as there was no frost under the snow and the yard hadn't been used for many years so it was soft and wet. It took us four times longer to get half the tractors out of there than we counted on. We'll have to go back when there's Arctic Pavement.
Anyhow, I finally got one loaded in the dark and headed for home. I got this GB with an unstuck motor to match the one I got home a year ago with a seized motor.

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 23
A couple of weeks ago my old grass seed buyer phoned and said he was finally selling his fathers farm. Would I be interested in any old tractors? They were mostly Minneapolis-Molines. Would I be interested; I almost wet my pants.
Well, yesterday a few of us went to this farm about 70 miles away and wrestled old tractors. It wasn't pretty as there was no frost under the snow and the yard hadn't been used for many years so it was soft and wet. It took us four times longer to get half the tractors out of there than we counted on. We'll have to go back when there's Arctic Pavement.
Anyhow, I finally got one loaded in the dark and headed for home. I got this GB with an unstuck motor to match the one I got home a year ago with a seized motor.

Nice score! Its always nice to have someone think of you when stuff is sold [cl

Hello Dutch. Can you explain the working mechanism of this machine. What I thought was a tedder looks like a couple of big spiders made out of rods, that turn around and fluff up the hay to dry it better. The ones I've seen don't have any tin shields on them like yours does.

Hey Mac, this tedder is pre-spider style. Translated I`d call it a drum tedder... [S
In the drum there`s a long shaft holding free turning hooks which pick up the hay and flip it over. Works fine as long as you keep rpms down after the first run. With these machines it`s fairly easy to beat the hay to old tobacco...
I love the Dinky toy style of them :)

Attachments

• IMGP6957.jpg
    IMGP6957.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMGP6977.jpg
    IMGP6977.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 22
My neighbor put his 1920 something Farmall out by his fruit stand today.
You can stick a small block Chevy into anything [cl.
Sometimes graybeards like me wonder if there's any young guys building old stuff - never fear, he's in his early 20's and also has a nice 40 ford pickup with a hot flattie, built it himself, I'll try to get pics of it .sometime
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3250.JPG
    IMG_3250.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3252.JPG
    IMG_3252.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back