What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FBP went shopping and did some fab work. E-man built a floor. I did nothing car-wise. Too sore in my lower body, neck and shoulders. And I'm coughing all the time. No energy. Did some yard work. The dragster converter is due tomorrow and I'll put the car together even if it kills me. Changed doctors and don't get to see the new one for another week and a half. Maybe then I'll get some answers. Oh, the blood clot in my leg must have gone away. Xarelto worked.

attachment.php

attachment.php

These might need a little in depth study....[cl

In all seriousness, from someone that is really not a fan of snakes; what is the reason for killing a rat snake? Do they have any negative impact on anything whatsoever?

Rat snakes are constrictors. I suspect the snake was seeking a "Tripper Chicken Dinner" and Tripper served him a lead sandwich. [ddd

In all seriousness, from someone that is really not a fan of snakes; what is the reason for killing a rat snake? Do they have any negative impact on anything whatsoever?

Rat snakes are also know as chicken snakes. They are notorious for eating all types of bird eggs & chicks. I sell eggs to supplement my feed bill... feeding 13 cows, 3 dz chickens, 2 ducks & 2 goats adds up. Having a big snake in the coop makes the girls nervous & throws them off their game & I raise a new batch of chicks every year. Also starting to raise doves & that is a bigger problem! We have 4 barn cats (2 big males that are super predators) so rats are not a problem. Plus... big snakes aren't a fav of Mrs Tripper... especially after she nearly stepped on it! :eek::eek::eek:

Rat snakes are constrictors. I suspect the snake was seeking a "Tripper Chicken Dinner" and Tripper served him a lead sandwich. [ddd

He did indeed die of lead poison!

BoB

I got a 36 International and the flat head has 2 stuck valves. So all I got done this weekend was spray the valves through the plug holes with PB Blaster, about 20 times...

Got done with the dash and wrapped up the wiring. Almost done! I’ll be at The Race if Gentleman this weekend in wildwood NJ racing.

Attachments

• 22067DC5-9314-48BD-AE70-C63DF665C94E.jpg
    22067DC5-9314-48BD-AE70-C63DF665C94E.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
Had a day saturday! Have been beating the woods down with the bush hog and have been regularly having to weld sheet metal back on the deck. I've got one that was worn out years ago and I use it on rough stuff. It's expendable, but hasn't given up yet. I get all set up. Pieces clamped and scuffed. Set up the tombstone and grabbed my helmet. Put the helmet on and no auto dark. Ok, go to looking for batteries...hmmm, says there are some. Hmm also says photo voltaic...ok! Boys, we've been having rain here for weeks. I've not had enough sunlight filter into the barn to charge the batteries in this thing. Usually that is not a problem here. Set the thing out in the sunlight for a few minutes and it worked again. Ok, grab the welding gear again. Strike an arc and pop! I looked around. Couldn't hear the welder. Thought I threw a breaker maybe. Checked it out and no. Look at the welder. Fan is not running but the thing still welds. Got a new fan coming. Reversed the hose on the vacuum to blow and opened the box on the Lincoln and used the vacuum to cool the machine while I fixed the bush hog. Boy, if it's not one thing it's another but never boring...

I spent 10 hours yesterday, laying upside down under the dash of my 27. I got the bare body back from the body shop, and have to reinstall everything, including all the wiring, gauges, switches, relays, etc, etc.

There is no room under the dash on a 27 Ford to get even your hand in there, so it was a lot of fun! :rolleyes: But, I got most of it done, and today I am going to reinstall the steering, hook up more wires, connect my fuel fill line, and maybe get some of the upholstery back into the car.

I am going to have to force myself to go, it is in the mid 90's, and I feel like a truck ran over me from yesterdays work. This was SOOOO much more fun when I was younger ! :eek:

This is what I was starting with:

Attachments

• 27 back from body shop.jpg
    27 back from body shop.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 16
Yep, I am fried, Bruno. Another 10 hour day, putting more parts back on the 27. Dash is pretty much all done, as is steering column, turn signals, throttle, etc.

Probably another 2 days and I should have everything back on and working.

20s and 30s stuff didn't have much room for sure. Not that we aren't guilty of cramming more stuff up under there than Henry did...[cl

Built headers for the Tracker 4.3 Vortec swap I'm doing.
Didn't bother about using the tig, just mig the welds.
Painted them with VHT primer and VHT flat black but forgot to take pics :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 42
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 13.jpg