1940 Ford Jalopy rebuild

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are keeping it true to the time period. Good for you. When it is done will it be street legal or?

So I had gotten to a point in the build where I was looking for a period correct Ford Y-block and some sort of transmission for the car....

I was really struggling with how much more to spend on this and then what would I do with it once I got it running again...So I put out some feelers for something that I could bolt into the car...I had never ever had a V8 in my life before...so I was really getting squirrely about having to deal with a big boat anchor V8...

I got a call one night from a fellow I did not know...he says that he heard I was looking for some old stock car parts...well he shows up and he buys it from me...

20210925-161021.jpg

I miss the heap already...I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into this old car...

20210925-164703.jpg

I asked him if he ever went to sell it to give me first dibs...he said he would...

I would not have had any real have use for it once I had gotten (if I had gotten running)running and driving...so the saga ends...he is happy and I get to buy another project...

Life is good...

Man, you were pouring a lot of time and love into that jalopy. I always wondered what you were going to do with it. I know some groups that sponsor shows have access to old race tracks where the participants can make laps. That would be cool.
Anyhow, excited to see what project you tackle next.

Latest posts

Back