1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Kenny. I'm watching as our 39' looks pretty similar. Might not sleep tonight!LOL

I need to get one of the daughters over here to teach me how to post pictures. See right now we will be in great need from the brain power of RRR to help get our build to the finish line!

Will see if we can get a build thread up & running soon.

Have a Good One ! rex

I have trouble with pics but if you go to the search feature and lookup "can't upload photos" I describe how I do it and it works for the most part. I can only upload 3 at a time instead of ten. I upload 3 then another 3 and so on.

A little more done. Motor mounts done. I fixed the profile of the top corners where they meet the frame, they were sticking up above it. I finished the trough for the steering shaft cut the shafts to length and drilled for the through bolts and set screws. Timing chain is in and the engine is painted. I sat the carb and air cleaner on it to see what it would look like. The distributor is stuck in place. I don't like it and am thinking of putting in a Pertronix and coil. The Pertronix looks more stock. I ordered another radiator. I got scammed on the first one I ordered. I'm still wait for the dip stick tube. I will put the oil pump and oil pan on after that is installed. The carb needs a rebuild. That will get done later. I also made patterns for the panels for the firewall and toe board. I need to get to my cousins to use his brake to bend toe board piece. Sorry about being a little long winded, I might be getting a little excited.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 25
That's the fun of it all, getting excited about the build. Enjoy it. Your work looks very good, Kenny.

Thanks guys. I am a little excited. The chassis and drivetrain is about 3/4 of the way finished. Considering a year ago it was a wooden mockup. Plus all the other crap in my life it's going ok.

A little more done today. Panels for around the steering column. The top one will be welded to the upper clamp and bolted to the firewall. The lower will be welded to the toe board. The lower clamp won't be welded to anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 28
Stuck the radiator shell and hood in place to check radiator fitment. I think the radiator will work out. I will need an inline filler in the top hose. I will have enough room for an electric fan and shroud behind the radiator. While I had the hood and shell on I figured I would stick the header, tire and a bed side in place in place to see how it would look and for a little inspiration.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg