Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My condolences, Pops.

As Bill says, your bumper suits the truck. You have 'full vehicular vision'. You see what is needed on your hotrod, Good.
It always bugs me when I see a guy weld a cultivator shovel on an old car and say, "I got a ratrod now". He could weld two or three shovels on there and still not have a ratrod. You, on the other hand, saw what was pleasing and made it. [cl[cl

sorry to hear about your friend pops

this looks more and more like a late model gladiator, and I dont know if thats a compliment to the incredible work you are doing or a compliment to the stylists at jeep that didnt go for the "new" beetle/mini/camaro/mustang/challenger "tweak it so it still echos the old but is totally new everything" style of designing.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Eric was one of those guys that would do any thing for you any time and give you the shirt off his back when he left if you needed it. I'm going to miss him.

His wife is beside herself and seems to be panicking. Obviously she was not prepared for this at all.
The funeral is Saturday

I spent a couple hours on the front bumper this afternoon.
Progress pic.

Attachments

• IMG-3564.jpg
    IMG-3564.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3556.jpg
    IMG-3556.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Todays progress.....

Thanks again guys.

I'm calling it done.

The last pic shows the ability to move the winch to the rear bumper or to my JK 4 door Jeep or to the front of my trailers. I just have to have one winch that way.

Attachments

• IMG-3572.jpg
    IMG-3572.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-3570.jpg
    IMG-3570.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-3575.jpg
    IMG-3575.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 34
That's the best. [clI like your thinking. Less cost and maintenance. It never made sense to me to not have a winch in the rear. I would think you could get yourself unstuck if you pulled yourself back the way you came from. Also you can use it to load the trailer.

Latest posts

Back