Getting Old isn't for sissies

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similar stories in my family. From My Great Grandfather down through my Grand Mother, Great Uncles and Great aunts. Now my Mom's generation is going through it, My mother, and cousins. One cousin has passed. Some of them get meaner and more violent while others not so much. It's so sad to see these people that were so intelligent and caring and loving go this way. My Mom doesn't even recognize her own kids and grandkids anymore. I'm the next generation. It is very scary. I'm hoping they find something that will help with this..

I don't want to die from Alzhiemers. I want to die at 90 years old while jumping out of a second floor bedroom window while being shop by a jealous husband of a sports illustrated swimsuit model.:D[ddd:D[ddd

Just read your post Dozer ... so sorry to learn of your parent's health issues.

It is never easy as your loved ones approach their time. I had to make the decision to pull the plug on my mother a few years ago - hardest thing I have ever done but have no regrets. For her it was time. I lost my father some 30 years previous - not from the cancer that put him in the hospital but from the pneumonia he caught while he was there. At least for him it was relatively quick. The slow lingering is, I think, the hardest for everyone concerned.

I hope that you can take some comfort knowing your parents are getting the best care available and find peace within yourself. Please know that you have my sincere compassion and sympathy.

I feel ya Dozer!!! My parents were divorced & remarried & I had to bury all 4 of them... never an easy or pleasant thing! Hang in there... I know it's tough! Good thoughts coming your way!!!

BoB

My 99 year old Mother was living in a nursing home. She was there because of bad knees and a bit forgetful. I got a call that she probably had a light heart attack. My wife and I rushed down there and she seemed okay. Just a little nauseated. The staff medic was keeping an eye on her. We stayed until about midnight. During that time she gave me a bit of a book report on John Adams. She had just finished a 1,000 page book on him.

Around 11:00 PM I said we were tired and going home but would be back in the morning. Mom said she wished someone would stay with her. I said don't worry, we will be back in the morning.

She died a few hours later, with no family there. Probably the worst decision I ever made, going home.

Just read your post Dozer ... so sorry to learn of your parent's health issues.

It is never easy as your loved ones approach their time. I had to make the decision to pull the plug on my mother a few years ago - hardest thing I have ever done but have no regrets. For her it was time. I lost my father some 30 years previous - not from the cancer that put him in the hospital but from the pneumonia he caught while he was there. At least for him it was relatively quick. The slow lingering is, I think, the hardest for everyone concerned.

I hope that you can take some comfort knowing your parents are getting the best care available and find peace within yourself. Please know that you have my sincere compassion and sympathy.

I feel ya Dozer!!! My parents were divorced & remarried & I had to bury all 4 of them... never an easy or pleasant thing! Hang in there... I know it's tough! Good thoughts coming your way!!!

BoB

Thank you SC and Bob and

My 99 year old Mother was living in a nursing home. She was there because of bad knees and a bit forgetful. I got a call that she probably had a light heart attack. My wife and I rushed down there and she seemed okay. Just a little nauseated. The staff medic was keeping an eye on her. We stayed until about midnight. During that time she gave me a bit of a book report on John Adams. She had just finished a 1,000 page book on him.

Around 11:00 PM I said we were tired and going home but would be back in the morning. Mom said she wished someone would stay with her. I said don't worry, we will be back in the morning.

She died a few hours later, with no family there. Probably the worst decision I ever made, going home.

That is very sad Bob, my Brother and Sister live in the same town with Mom and Dad and have been spending all the time they can with them. My brother is worried when he has to go to work he won't be there for them, I keep telling him we have to carry on with our lives.

Bob It's sad to hear your story. Sorry you were not there when mom passed. It's hard to not beat yourself up but you can't predict the future so try not to beat yourself up.

Dozer that is an amazing story and yet your Dad is still with you and with parts missing. He must me one strong dude, I wish you all the best

Last edited:
Sorry for the loss of your Mom. But when you know it was for the better it doesn't hurt quite as bad.

It's hard for some people to realize that death is like a breath of fresh air when the person has suffered for an extended period of time.

It's a hard part of life but none of us are getting out of this deal alive.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back