AWOL.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smallfoot - Last Activity: Yesterday 03:37 PM

zzrodder - Last Activity: 04-29-2020 07:31 PM

They've been here, at least.

zz has mentioned his wife's health a few times. I hate to even mention it and I hope they're both doing well...

I'm around daily. Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Surely have not been without things to do. Need to catch up on unfinished builds that are now finished. I did finish my sawmill. Have some projects around the entrance to this community that were cut here. A guy came in and bought every lot in here at one time and is presently logging it. Nobody living out here is really thrilled at the moment. Got finaled today on my buddy's house. He's taking his last paperwork in tomorrow and should have the C. O. after that. We didn't fail any inspections and for the most part everything went well on the build for a couple of old flatland hillbillies. We've been steady building for over 2 years, first on the barn, then the house. Started the house last april and mostly finished now with just a few things left to complete like stucco on the outside and paint. Because there was no bank loan on this, after all the regs were met on the overall building, they only required us to have a working bathroom and a working kitchen to call for final. All we have left inside is baseboards and some touch up paint. Sorry I don't have any pix yet but I'll post some later. If we keep beating it for another week or so, we might get to go fishin...

Good to hear from you smallfoot.
I understand about the neighborhood as ours is going thru some what if the same thing. After 10 years of being out here and only having 2 year round neighbors the property next to ours was logged off last fall then just recently sold and some one is building on it. Not used to hearing noises all the time now. The dogs don’t like it.
And the 40 acres at the west end of our road was heavily logged this winter. Now it looks like a tornado went through it. It sad but you can’t control what people do with what’s theirs.
Might be time to move . Lol
Torchie

Latest posts

Back