Fargo Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
Too early to start a build. Thread. Too many project ahead of it. But, I'm so weak. I came I saw, I bought it.
Here's some pics. The next to the last pic is the box sides.

Attachments

• Fargo 003.jpg
    Fargo 003.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Fargo 004.jpg
    Fargo 004.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Fargo 005.jpg
    Fargo 005.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 49
  • Fargo 006.jpg
    Fargo 006.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 46
  • Fargo 007.jpg
    Fargo 007.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Fargo 001.jpg
    Fargo 001.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 45
  • iuJZWHJ6Y6.jpg
    iuJZWHJ6Y6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Fargo 002.jpg
    Fargo 002.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 48
Like This?

Saw this truck at the 2011 Back to the 50's. Liked it a lot. This might be the pattern for the cab I just bought.

Attachments

• BTT50's 2011 023.jpg
    BTT50's 2011 023.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 56
This will be fun :) What are you planning for the frame and drivetrain?

E-man, I've got lots of small block Chevy engine parts around but it would be nice to put something different in it. Depends what I can find at a reasonable price. A 318 Mopar would be okay as would a poly engine.
I have a 1928 Dodge car frame so probably would use the parallel leaf springs in front. As I've done before, put the axle on top of the springs and notch the frame rails for clearance. I do think I'll replace the cab wood with new wood, not metal. The box sides are 6 1/2 feet long. I'll use them if they are okay but shorten them a bit.
I've got a year's worth of work on other projects so nothing but parts collecting will happen in the near future.

Very kool Bob! [cl
Here's another one, 28 Graham

Attachments

• 1928-graham-brothers-pickup-coupe-rat-rod-1.jpg
    1928-graham-brothers-pickup-coupe-rat-rod-1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 41
  • 1928-graham-brothers-pickup-coupe-rat-rod-4.jpg
    1928-graham-brothers-pickup-coupe-rat-rod-4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 40
Thank You

Very kool Bob! [cl
Here's another one, 28 Graham

I appreciate the pics of the Graham and your outstanding Hennway, zz.
I'm as excited as I was 60 years ago, doing this. First hot rod was a Model A pickup. Back to the beginning for me. Going to get a band saw and brush up on my wood working skills, of which I have almost none.
You know how you get a song stuck in your head? Well, I've got a Fargo hot rod stuck in mine. Hard to concentrate on the work at hand.

You know how you get a song stuck in your head? Well, I've got a Fargo hot rod stuck in mine. Hard to concentrate on the work at hand.

I can definitely identify with this! Just pushed a recently acquired '41 Chevy out of my shop only so I could focus on current projects. :D

But, I would have bought it too. That narrow quarter window just does it for me... [;)

I can definitely identify with this! Just pushed a recently acquired '41 Chevy out of my shop only so I could focus on current projects. :D

But, I would have bought it too. That narrow quarter window just does it for me... [;)

Like I told the Harley biker I bought it from, it's different without being odd. I like it a lot better than the early Model T truck cab I bought and sold at a great loss a year or two ago.

Don’t know how I missed this post, bob.
Good for you. Like you my heart beats a little quicker at the thought of a new project.
Torchie

It's Home. No buyer's Remorse

Made the 40 mile trek home with the thing disintegrating on my car trailer. Pieces of rotted wood and probably a few rusty carriage bolts along the freeway. Driver Dave came with to help tie it down and unload it.
Still not positive what brand it is. No numbers anywhere. The reveals on the cowl are the most distinguishing detail, along with the quarter windows. I'd like to be sure of the year and make of this cab.
It's most likely this truck. Note the four door hinges and the door reveal.

Attachments

• reveal 001.jpg
    reveal 001.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 26
  • reveal 002.jpg
    reveal 002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Fargo 002.jpg
    Fargo 002.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 29
  • iuJZWHJ6Y6.jpg
    iuJZWHJ6Y6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 32
I'm happy for you, Bob! :D

You know I love a good ID mystery. I'll beat the bushes and see if I can do any better than the Dodge you posted, which looks good to me, so don't hold your breath!

attachment.php

This looks like it - 1930 Dodge. Pics not great but you can just make out the cowl detail...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 32
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg