Atomic 50 f1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a lot done on the bed today. I'm doing an alien theme.

Attachments

• 20201101_152957.jpg
    20201101_152957.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 40
Picked this up for $500 yesterday. Been sitting in a field for 13 years

Attachments

• IMG_20201110_093540.jpg
    IMG_20201110_093540.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20201110_093602.jpg
    IMG_20201110_093602.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 34
Cool. What are your plans for it?

Don't know yet, floors aren't too bad, engine is free, looks all original except for an edelbrock carb. It ran when parked but the rear frame rails are completely gone and one leaf is broke but the trunk is real nice. I bought it for the drivetrain but it can be fixed.

You got a really good car there. Is it a '64? Does it have Thunderbird stamped in the valve covers.
My vote would be to fix it up and paint it blue or black or red or green or silver, anything but white.
Nice car.

You got a really good car there. Is it a '64? Does it have Thunderbird stamped in the valve covers.
My vote would be to fix it up and paint it blue or black or red or green or silver, anything but white.
Nice car.

1966. I'm thinking about building a 4 link frame for the back. Frame rails a leafs are gone. Got a title too

Well since I'm pretty much done until spring I've got time to dream about what I'm going to do, and save up some money. I'm taking the 390 and c6, seats and dash parts out of the t bird and using it for the f1. Id hate to start throwing money in a car that isn't really worth anything and break even so I'll just save the body for another project, maybe just turn it into something else. Anyways, I've been looking around at carburetors and found this at speedway. I love odd setups but don't know if it would be enough for a 10.5 to 1 compression 390. The only performance add on will be headers and will only be driven in town. I've got a 600 edelbrock on it now but this has a cool factor.

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 19
I think you would have enough carb with that set-up. I had an FE 410, [a 390 with a 428 crankshaft], with the original single two barrel carburetor on it. It had ten and a half to one compression. I had to use number one gasoline, or it pinged like mad. A rat rod dually.

Attachments

• 78Ford one ton.jpg
    78Ford one ton.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 26
Well since I'm pretty much done until spring I've got time to dream about what I'm going to do, and save up some money. I'm taking the 390 and c6, seats and dash parts out of the t bird and using it for the f1. Id hate to start throwing money in a car that isn't really worth anything and break even so I'll just save the body for another project, maybe just turn it into something else. Anyways, I've been looking around at carburetors and found this at speedway. I love odd setups but don't know if it would be enough for a 10.5 to 1 compression 390. The only performance add on will be headers and will only be driven in town. I've got a 600 edelbrock on it now but this has a cool factor.

If that year bird has the wrap around rear seat You should consider using it for the seat in your truck cab. Complete with the divider panel. I've seen it done and looks pretty neat.:D :cool:
Torchie

If that year bird has the wrap around rear seat You should consider using it for the seat in your truck cab. Complete with the divider panel. I've seen it done and looks pretty neat.:D :cool:
Torchie

I've got the wrap around seat in perfect shape. I've got some measuring to do

So far the cold weather hasn't stopped the progress. Sunday I went out and cut the front frame off of the 71 f250 and am in the process of grinding about a million rivets out of the cross member to use on the f1. I can buy a Fe cross member for about $100 but I can use that money somewhere else. The stands are kinda tall so the engine might sit a little high but that's cool. Once I channel the cross member over the frame rails and weld it in, it will really stiffen up my 2x4 frame rails. I'm using the 390 from the thunderbird now since someone at work knocked the 429 over on the engine stand and cracked the block. It was a freebie but still made me sick. I'll post some pictures of the cross member when I get it all cleaned off.

Latest posts

Back