It must be near the holidays...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchie

Torchie's baking.:eek: :eek: :p :p [ddd [ddd
A small pan of Polish shortbread.
I included a yard stick picture for Dr. Crank.( No it's not the same one I use out in the shop.:p)
Torchie
p.s.
A couple of Pics of Torchie from a former life.:eek::D

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 36
My cholesterol jumped up just looking at all that butter.

I love real butter. I bet it is awesome.

Thanks Gang.:)
2nd batch out of the oven today.
This is the one time of the year that I really miss my bakery.
I only used premium ingredients in all my products, all the time. (Even my doughnuts.):D
The Holidays was when I was able to make things like this shortbread and Fruitcakes and Stollen's, Etc....
I had customers that drove 100 miles one way for my Fruitcakes.
Times gone by.......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Gang.:)
2nd batch out of the oven today.
This is the one time of the year that I really miss my bakery.
I only used premium ingredients in all my products, all the time. (Even my doughnuts.):D
The Holidays was when I was able to make things like this shortbread and Fruitcakes and Stollen's, Etc....
I had customers that drove 100 miles one way for my Fruitcakes.
Times gone by.......
Torchie
So, what is it that people actually do with fruit cakes? It is my understanding that there are a finite number of fruit cakes that just keep getting passed around over the centuries. [ddd :D
Now that shortbread, on the other hand is something I would love to find under my tree, if I had one.

If they are any good skip. People eat them.😳😜
A good fruitcake will be moist and flavorful. Not a dried out brick.
I would start to make mine on Labor Day weekend by taking the candied fruit and golden raisins and marinating them in brandy and pineapple juice. Once a day I gave the fruit a good mixing.I never used the bitter tasting citrus peels.
I made the batter using whole eggs. Real butter and most importantly real vanilla right before Thanksgivings and then baked them off.
Moist. Flavorful and With a beautiful texture and a wonderful aroma.
Nobody that I know of ever kept one of mine past New Year’s Day as they were eaten up by then.😝
Torchie

OK, my friend. If you make fruit cake like you make cars, I have to believe. One more good thing I have learned from you. :D

Luckily, Dutch, your neighbor doesn't live near me or he'd end up looking like all the other fruitcakes in my past, post-holiday excrement.

When I was growing up, our family got gifts from Great Aunts and Uncles in England. We received Meccano sets [really cool] and 'long shelf-life' shortbread cookies, [stale, bland, and not so good]. Those two varied gifts made me what I am today.

oh Mac... stomach cramps on a scale you never knew existed... :D

I remember getting frustrated by all small nuts & bolts in those Meccano boxes. I just knew there had to be a better way. Lateron in life I learned about welding but all Meccano was long gone by then.
I was more of a Dinky toy guy...still have a bunch somewhere :)

If I dig deep enough, I can probably find my collection of Meccano stuff... assuming my jackass brother didn't make off with it years ago.

I remember a certain "gag gift" circulated among my family for several years. It was, of course, a fruitcake... which I can only assume was meant as a joke and was never fit for human consumption. How it all got started I can't tell you, but it was hard as a brick... in hindsight, I should have fed it to my little brother. [ddd

If I dig deep enough, I can probably find my collection of Meccano stuff... assuming my jackass brother didn't make off with it years ago.

I remember a certain "gag gift" circulated among my family for several years. It was, of course, a fruitcake... which I can only assume was meant as a joke and was never fit for human consumption. How it all got started I can't tell you, but it was hard as a brick... in hindsight, I should have fed it to my little brother. [ddd

There. See. It does happen. :D

That said, I would try Torchie's fruit cake just to find out. [cl

Torchie, I really like ordinary fruitcake, but have the strength of character to pace myself accordingly, so if you sent me some of yours, I believe I'd be staggeringly overserved for the first few days.

Latest posts

Back