R.s.c. Build off car!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burlap top!

Attachments

• 0627210802_HDR.jpg
    0627210802_HDR.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 26
Redneck machine turning on our fan shroud. Dewalt battery grinder and a wire wheel. Looks good on the car!!

Attachments

• 0627210923_HDR.jpg
    0627210923_HDR.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 20
A few last minute additions!!

Got to rep thr flag!!

Dont want to die in a fiery tin can!!

Attachments

• 0717211049_HDR.jpg
    0717211049_HDR.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 0720212122_HDR.jpg
    0720212122_HDR.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 27
Well boys, if you remember. I popped the engine in our gasser on the last days of our 1500 mile adventure. It made the whole trip them let go in front of the hotel in peep for drag racing the next day.

Dad tore dowm the engine. Shes done. It was built 20 years ago,I abused it all through school and it still ran good. Lost a nut on the filters under the scoop and killed #7 piston and cracked the block!

Attachments

• KIMG1482.jpg
    KIMG1482.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 17
  • KIMG1483_2.jpg
    KIMG1483_2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 16
I did almost the exact same thing some time ago on a 454. Air cleaner stud dropped down the runner of the tunnel ram, needed a new TRW piston and a sleeve to fix the gouged bore. That engine is still running in the roadster I sold it in. Funny thing is I heard the metallic "clink" of something dropping when I went to start it, blipped the gas pedal before turning the key, thinking "what was that??", then all hell broke loose when it fired up.
Guess I'll know better next time.......

I did almost the exact same thing some time ago on a 454. Air cleaner stud dropped down the runner of the tunnel ram, needed a new TRW piston and a sleeve to fix the gouged bore. That engine is still running in the roadster I sold it in. Funny thing is I heard the metallic "clink" of something dropping when I went to start it, blipped the gas pedal before turning the key, thinking "what was that??", then all hell broke loose when it fired up.
Guess I'll know better next time.......

Hahahaha, I glad im not the only one. We looked at getting it sleeved. But the machinist is book till middle of the summer!!!!! So I think I will.start collecting parts for our 302 :rolleyes Build hahahaha

Latest posts

Back