eye protection?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Rust?

bout time I replace the cheap welding shields that are lay'n round the shop with something that works, same with cutting torch goggles, be nice to have some that stay on without holding them with one hand.
I know there are some great metal guys on this forum, any suggestions, without get'n to expensive?

are you referring to the face shields?

Obviously the cutty goggles work well till the elastic wears out and the lens get screwed up... but haven't found anything that lasts for any length of time.... anyone else find some that work well and last?

Not sure where they came from but we have some of those 80s rayban looking glasses withglass green lenses for torching and they rock . Old as dirt probably but they have the arms that rap around your ears to keep them on. Was another older pair in the shop but I begged them for my mantle

it cost like thirty bucks but i just got one of the green full face shields works great and safe too. but i have a pair of those old style ones too and still use them out of habit

I have two of these welding helmets. (Different shade lenses in each). I like 'em 'cuz they're light. (and cheap, too). $30 or less.

Jackson W10 HSL 100

jacksonwelding.jpg

And I have two of these shields. Also light and fairly cheap. (Again, about $30). I have one with clear lens, the other with a shaded lens. Shaded lenses aren't so cheap, but last forever if you don't boot them around the shop.

Uvex Bionic UVXS8500

Ratchet-Faceshield-Assembly-4RB55_AS01.jpg

Some guys just put a #3 or #5 lens in their welding helmet for flame and plasma cutting.

Latest posts

Back