Horrible day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53 stickfigure

I couldn't sleep last night, fell asleep about 3:30 and had to get up for work at 6:30. Had a 1:00 funeral to set up, i got done about 12:30 and they didn't show up till 3:30. Sitting in a truck for 3 hours kills your back. Got soaked from the rain and forgot my change of clothes. I got off work at 5 and had to drive into town, 12 miles, for cigarettes. Shut off the s10 and when i came out of the gas station, surprize, it wouldn't start. I take that back, it started but the starter wouldnt disengage. Completely burnt up a $200 mini starter. Called every wrecker service around, 3 hour wait. I had my wife come pick me up and take me to work to get a trailer. At this point, the rain was coming down so hard i had to pull over 3 times. Got back to the gas station about 8, still raining hard. Thank god i drove the crane truck because the trailer don't have a winch. A hour and a half getting up on the trailer and chained down to drive back 12 miles completely soaked. I was so wet i rang out my underwear. And, while i was waiting on my wife to pick me up i noticed transmission fluid dripping from the corner of the pan, and i couldnt find out where its coming from. Im hoping its the dipstick tube. Wonder what tomorrow has in store for me?

After the shock wears off, this will be a great story for the grand kids. You will rewrite it and make it sound funny as all get out! :D[cl

Had a better day today. Bought a cheap autozone starter to use until i can get my mini rebuilt, if it fits, and my fuel regulator and gauge came today. Maybe I'll get her going for the big car show tomorrow. I'll take some pics for everyone.

Did you ever get the brakes working?

I still haven't played with the brakes yet. I just can't seem to get into this truck. The autozone starter didnt come close to fitting so monday I'll take the mini starter to get rebuilt. After i get everything in great working order it's getting sold and I'll start looking for something i can make my own and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back