Bring your car and DRAG RACE! - May 8,9,10 Mt. Vernon, OHIO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Eyed Devil

Devil's Advocate
NEXT WEEKEND FELLAS!!!

This event will be held May 8-10, 2009 at Pacemakers Dragway Park (http://www.pacemakersdragway.com/) in Mt. Vernon, OH.

Racing and Car/Bike show is open to all pre-1972 american cars and "Traditional Style" bikes. The racing will be heads up, arm-drop, grudge match style racing. 1/8mi runs. No brackets, no eliminations, no winners. Run what ya brung. Line up with whoever. You are racing against yourself or whoever you pick. Run as many times as you are willing to wait in line.

This event is meant to be "just for fun" racing and to allow the average joe to get on the track and thrash on their car without the intimidation factor that is normally present with stuctured races. We hope that it brings a feeling of nostalgia similar to when drag strips first started opening their doors to the local hot rodders.

If you are concerned about the cost of your nitro, want to bitch about 1/8mi runs, ****ed that there won't be a purse or trophy, want to bitch about lack of brackets.... then don't come. This is for fun. Leave the drama at home and come have a good time running the track, camping, and bench racing with your old and new found friends over a few cold ones.

There will also be a seperate car/bike show area. General admission gets you into this area. No registration - No BS.

SPECTATORS WELCOME!!!!
Camping at the track is encouraged and included with admission. (Space permitting)

$10 general admission (good all weekend)
$20 if you want to run your car (good all weekend)
Vendors fee is $20/spot (10ft wide)

Gates open at 4pm on friday. Test and Tune 5pm-10pm.
Saturday racing starts at 9am to mid-night
Sunday use for a pack-up and leave day

thawout2copyqp4.jpg

i was wondering if you have any info on how this event got put together,we need this on the west coast...thanks

sounds like alot of fun....wish it was closer to me!-or i was closer to it!?

would LOVE to get my 46 down the track at least once!!

i was wondering if you have any info on how this event got put together,we need this on the west coast...thanks

Our club puts on the HELL ON WHEELS event at National Trail Raceway which is a similar event, but on a larger scale. The folks from Pacemakers contacted us last year about doing a spring event with them and put forth a good plan. We agreed to help them with it and it is really looking to be a great event. Everyone who can make it should come check it out!

Also if you get a chance checkout the Pacemakers website. It is a neat old track with a lot of history. Here is a link to some shots from the early days of the track in the 1950's...

http://www.pacemakersdragway.com/graphics/history/50/58/01/

1958.jpg

Latest posts

Back