What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the bed floor out of my truck yesterday to remedy a situation with the fuel tank vent. I've got it worked out now and the bed floor back in. Changed the oil and greased it in preparation for our trip to Radium Hot Springs car show this coming weekend.

I also did a bunch of work on my 2 daily drivers, both of which I had to repeat several times due to parts not working as they should. In the end I got it all sorted. :D

Lots of garage time makes me a happy camper, no matter how frustrating it can be at times.

Last edited:
Finished the two carb linkage on the dragster, went to a car show, sold a Model A pickup box to a young fella and saved the world from communism.

Getting old I think ?

Went to little bike rally, with a of my close friends? . 220 miles is harder than it used to be :-(.
Starting a beam mount for a new chainfall to change the bed on my daily.

Attachments

• 20190914_083438.jpg
    20190914_083438.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 24
Been working on the girder for my new bike project. Trees are almost done, legs are almost done, gotta order material and learn to cut single point threads to make my pivot bolts. Would have been cheaper to buy one! But, what fun is that, then my bike would look like too many others.

Attachments

• IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 15
Went to little bike rally, with a of my close friends? . 220 miles is harder than it used to be :-(.
Starting a beam mount for a new chainfall to change the bed on my daily.

Great photo Soltz. Maybe another stop or 2 along the way to make the trip better. [S

Finally have all the brake lines bent, run & clamped down! Gonna weld on the tabs front & back, bench bleed the master & bleed the lines... should be done this week! Then on to wiring!

BoB

I raise a lot of our own food... beef, chicken, eggs & veggies. I've always had a green thumb & have been working on freshening up my above ground beds & planting my fall/winter garden. Planted tetragonia, spinach, bok choy, arugula, multiple lettuces & the herbs Mrs Tripper likes to cook with! I have a home growed salad nearly every day & have to keep that goin' on! Took Sunday off & lounged around but I'll be back on my coupe all this week!

BoB

Wow Trip! Home grown food on the table and hotrods in the shop. You pretty much got life dialed in there bud. :)
About all i did was change the springs around on the Vette speedster woody.
The transverse composite springs were way to stiff for a decent ride. I took the back one off to be replaced with lightweight coilovers and decided to see if it would work in the front as it was narrower and meant to carry less weight. That worked out well. The front came down about 2 1/2 inches and the spring flexes
easily. :cool:

Got my tractor back in service & spent the weekend mowing, mowing, mowing! Nice weather here this morning so I did a lil more! [ddd

BoB

this weekend? well Saturday is house chores day so that leaves me Sunday for tinkering. Rerouted the plug wires on the 51 as they were hanging up the throttle linkage on occasion. Farted about with the Anco universal wiper arms trying to make them fit the Anco blades, nope. SMH. Then I pulled my fuel sending unit to verify the range so I can get the right gauge for it.

Spent most of the day organizing my new tool cabinet and putting together a list of parts for the 51.

Just for Fun

After backing into a concrete filled steel post protecting a gas pump I decided to change the bed not exactly a one man job, but what can you do [S Oh ya, backing in I ran into a wood shelf and kind of did in the tail gate as well.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Truck bed crash 1.jpg
    Truck bed crash 1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Truck bed crash 2.jpg
    Truck bed crash 2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Truck bed crash 3.jpg
    Truck bed crash 3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Truck bed crash 4.jpg
    Truck bed crash 4.jpg