Earthman

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look up his stats it says N/A for Last Visited. Only one like that. Might be something with the site?

Hey! Thanks for the concern. A while back Microsoft enlarged my file pix when i try to post them. I still use P-bucket and i can reduce them but they revert back to huge when i post. I like to contribute pix so this has taken the fun out of it. I was on a site that would automatically reduce the pix posted. If that were available here i would be back in business. :) Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be appreciated.
So there is the option on the user Cp to use invisible mode. I chose to go invisible when i joined the board because i was embarrassed about how much time i spent on here. :D:D

Whew! You had me worried. I quit using PB and followed Dr. C's instructions for posting pics here. Sure glad you are okay.

[clearthman! [cl​

Good to see you. I abandoned PeeBucket long ago. It hasn't changed anything for me, because I keep my copies and nowhere I go, requires a third party host anymore.

Since some sites resize your images automatically and some don't, I habitually resize mine before I post them anywhere. I resize by pixels and I like 800 pixels wide x 600 pixels high, because they fit the forum's "frame" without blowing it out of proportion.

So I size my pictures consistently and upload them directly from my computer to the forum. Then I have thumbnails loaded and displayed, not terribly different from PB. I then open the thumbnail, copy the full size image address and paste it using the "Insert Image" function.

This would all be so much easier to explain and demonstrate in a video. It's no more difficult than flipping back and forth to PB. I'll make it my mission to create a video tutorial, hopefully tomorrow!

giphy.gif

Really, good to hear from ya....

A video would be awesome Dr.C.

Use MS paint to resize them. Right click on the photo and scroll to Open With then another option tree will appear and scroll to Paint. Once opened in Paint there is a Resize box on the Home tab in between Crop & Rotate. Click on Resize and a window will open up. In the that window click on the Pixels radio button and in the Horizontal box enter 800 and the lower box will be auto filled to make the picture proportional. If 800 makes the lower number less than 600, I think you can enter a higher number than 800 to adjust the Vertical, but I usually use the Percentage radio button when I resize . Once you have it to the size you want click Save and it will replace that picture with the new sized one. If you want to keep both, click on Save As and rename it.
I know it may sound complicated, but it really is easy.

Latest posts

Back