28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight change of plans, I can't take the body off till I have knee surgery and it heals up. So I have been keeping busy slowly doing interior work.
Welding up the rear door openings ended up being a bigger project than anticipated, I guess anything worth doing once is worth doing three times to get right.[;) I ended up cutting out all the warped mess I had on the lower window opening and putting in new so there was a flat surface for the glass to seal on.
Once that was done I made lower sills for the glass to seal on as well as the garnish molding. Then onto the interior panels. The lower part of the interior panels were beyond my metal working skill set. I removed the inner fenders out of the second 28 body and reworked them for inside, the last photo shows what I cut out of the old car.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Rear side panels 001.jpg
    Resize of Rear side panels 001.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Resize of Rear side panels 002.jpg
    Resize of Rear side panels 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Rear side panels 004.jpg
    Resize of Rear side panels 004.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of Rear side panels 003.jpg
    Resize of Rear side panels 003.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of Rear side panels 005.jpg
    Resize of Rear side panels 005.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Rear side panels 006.jpg
    Resize of Rear side panels 006.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 51
That's one sturdy son of a gun. Very nice fab work. Two thumbs up on the video.

I hope the knee surgery goes well.

Good Work, Dozer.
You brought back memories. Boy is glass ever disgustingly flat and smooth, and if you want it to seal against some ratrod tinwork, you better have done good, smooth work.
Congratulations, good work.

Good Work, Dozer.
You brought back memories. Boy is glass ever disgustingly flat and smooth, and if you want it to seal against some ratrod tinwork, you better have done good, smooth work.
Congratulations, good work.

Thanks MM, you are right about the glass a 3/4 wide bead of polyurethane sealant won't cut it.

Banging away on the tin, got the drivers side panel completed and riveted the lower reclaimed pieces to the uppers. Started on the rear panel, and today will be the rear corners.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Interior 002.jpg
    Resize of Interior 002.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Interior 003.jpg
    Resize of Interior 003.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Interior 004.jpg