1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completed the fab work on the headlight pedestals today, lots of grinding and welding, just need a skim coat of bondo , some paint and they'll look pretty much like production units.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Cut out the underside and made some simple wire spring clips to retain the lenses, just need to make some cork gaskets. Once I find some sockets I'll tack in a couple tabs to hold them behind the lenses

attachment.php

attachment.php

Put a couple battery candles in for a bit of a glow through the lenses :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 63
One would think a 30s Packard wouldn't need to be "fixed". But here is living proof that they can still be improved upon. Well done, Sir.

[cl

One would think a 30s Packard wouldn't need to be "fixed". But here is living proof that they can still be improved upon. Well done, Sir.

[cl

Thanks everyone, I'm happy with how they turned out. Most of my restyling tweaks probably won't be that obvious to a lot of people unless parked next to a stock resto but that's part of the fun of doing it... (either that or I have a problem with not being able to leave well enough alone...)

Thanks everyone, I'm happy with how they turned out. Most of my restyling tweaks probably won't be that obvious to a lot of people unless parked next to a stock resto but that's part of the fun of doing it... (either that or I have a problem with not being able to leave well enough alone...)
I believe that is "problem" we can all live with.

Put it down on the ground for the first time since getting the bumpers on. Just to recap - rear bumper lowered 3", front one lowered 4", tail light pedestals eliminated and headlights lowered 3", top chopped 1" in front, 1 1/2" rear, top filled and door posts leaned forward 1 1/2".

attachment.php

These may not be the headlights that will be used, the sealed beam bulbs and trim rings are just held on with gorilla tape [ddd We'll probably use the red primered ones which are US models that will use the original bug eye lenses (similar to a 36 Ford) and adapt new reflectors with Halogen bulbs.

attachment.php

None of the changes are radical, just refinements I think. The wheels are 16" made by Stockton Wheel, 6" front and 7" rear using original smoothie Packard centers so it keeps the 5 on 5 bolt pattern and proper Packard Six hubcaps.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

That's about it for this year, heading off to AZ soon for some Vitamin D, getting back at it in April..

Attachments

• IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 65
gorgeous... I love what you did with the factory shape of the body [cl
The front bumper however, looks a bit out of place down there ihmo...

Latest posts

Back