Front End Fridays: Let's see 'um!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

That's a gorgeous front end!

Mounting location of the air bags, those friction shocks, and the exhaust straight out the side make me think this is more of a show piece than a driver. Looks fantastic, though.

Those are not friction shocks those are air ride sensors. Those are a set of Shockwave style air bags that are built around a normal shock dampener.
What do you see wrong with the mounting location other than strength on that one that is the exact same way I have beef shock position on our Sasquatch truck built we are doing right now. I'm using almost the same style airbags also

Those are not friction shocks those are air ride sensors. Those are a set of Shockwave style air bags that are built around a normal shock dampener.
What do you see wrong with the mounting location other than strength on that one that is the exact same way I have beef shock position on our Sasquatch truck built we are doing right now. I'm using almost the same style airbags also

Having the ride height sensors essentially as far as possible from the pivot point limits the travel as much as possible, as you know.

Mounting the Shockwaves where they are (looks like they are on the back side of the axle) would create a ton of bending moment in the axle. That lends itself to less stability but also more stress on the axle and even more twisting on the 4-bar mounts and the bars themselves. It may work, but if it's how it looks it's definitely not the most intelligent design and has a lot of inherent flaws.

Latest posts

Back