Mini Alternators

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

Anyone use one of the mini denso alt? I see them for $120 for a 90 amp. I'm getting ready to install an alt on my 28 and smaller would be better. A friend of mine has an alt shop and he said all you can get out of one of those is 55 amps.

They work great as long as you're not gonna run A/C, a big amp on the stereo and a bunch of halogen lights etc.
Ha Ha they work good on hot rods. The 35 Dodge I built had one.

They work great as long as you're not gonna run A/C, a big amp on the stereo and a bunch of halogen lights etc.
Ha Ha they work good on hot rods. The 35 Dodge I built had one.

I've run them & like Iron said... fine if you're not running a power hungry feature or two!

BoB

Getting a bigger, 120 or 130 type, can't remember the #, built, I'll make it work some how. Had one on my chevelle and it worked good. Before I put it on, the engine would pull down when the cooling fans kicked on.

If it's something you plan to go on road trips with, I would suggest finding out what the most common GM alternator is from several parts stores. That way, if you break down in some small town with a parts store they are more likely to have it in stock and you don't need to carry one with you. If you don't take long trips it's probably less important.

Alan grove makes nice alternator brackets so you can make it fit in there nicely. http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/

I put a 250 amp alt onto my 37 truck, but I plan to have a small stereo and I plan to run a smaller size battery, as small as I can get to turn over a chevy v8, space is going to be tight on my truck

Latest posts

Back