Tornado

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^^^

giphy.gif

:eek:
I got so involved in keeping things goin, I totally forgot to update.
I waited on the county to get back with issuing me a permit [P for three weeks :mad:
The half dozen projects I have waiting on the back of my property (20 acres), concerned them and they want me to move them off the property [S
Seems they passed an ordnance, in one of their infamous closed door meetings, that all non operational vehicles have to be removed from your property for anyone living in Greene County or put them inside.
I brought them up to speed on the issue, I have no buildings on my property to put them in because, Mother Nature decided to take them. They went ahead and issued the permit but, you can bet your buttons they will withhold the occupancy permit till I have remedied their concerns.
To add to the delay, the excavators wife had to have an operation on here head, behind her right ear for severe pain, six weeks ago. The operation didn't take so, he had to take her back in for a second operation the week he scheduled my job which was two weeks ago. She's doing a lot better now and day before yesterday he was able to get the digout completed.
I contacted the concrete contractor Friday so, we'll see how far out he is.
There are several avenues that I can take to solve the project vehicle issues. I'll let you know which one works :p:rolleyes:

A couple remedies we used Iron for two situations. First was the appraisal deal. We moved my 6 parts cars down the street just before the appraiser showed up, then returned em soon after. The other was a friends occupancy permit, his dozens of cars were a concern. We moved them to my farm, got the inspection, moved em back after. Took ambition and lots of food and beverages for the helpers. :cool:

Dang, that sux, Iron. I mean, you’re out in the county not in the city, how can they get away with that? And you have to have an occupancy permit? Never heard of such!
Dang Gubmint sticking their noses where it don’t belong!

All of us keep asking the same question on how can they really do that but, none of us take the initiative to follow thru.
I'll do the shuffle and jive deal on this one too.
It seems if the vehicles are on gravel or pavement they can stay. Don't know if this is true so, I'll have to check it out.
I will find the weak link in this rule, You can take that to the bank [ddd
My concrete guy is doing the pinout today so I'll have footings one day this week :D[cl[cl[cl

All of us keep asking the same question on how can they really do that but, none of us take the initiative to follow thru.
I'll do the shuffle and jive deal on this one too.
It seems if the vehicles are on gravel or pavement they can stay. Don't know if this is true so, I'll have to check it out.
I will find the weak link in this rule, You can take that to the bank [ddd
My concrete guy is doing the pinout today so I'll have footings one day this week :D[cl[cl[cl

I'm glad you're chasing the loophole! Too much good iron has been scrapped because of this type of government over-reach. I'm all for keeping your property tidy, but not allowing someone to have old cars that don't run on their property at all is incredibly ridiculous.

I'm glad you're chasing the loophole! Too much good iron has been scrapped because of this type of government over-reach. I'm all for keeping your property tidy, but not allowing someone to have old cars that don't run on their property at all is incredibly ridiculous.

"I'm all for keeping your property tidy"
We are too, my wife and I mow around all the vehicles every time we mow the yard. It almost looks like a part where they are.
They pinned the footings today and I think they are going to pour them tomorrow [cl

Holy crap! How did I miss this thread? I'm so sorry for what you had to go through and am really glad you came out physically fine. Hope you're doing better now, and things return to normal soon - well, as normal as they can be from here on out.

Update on the new modular house.

The new back half
attachment.php

The 160 ton crane used to set it
attachment.php

The rigging used to lift it
attachment.php

attachment.php

The front half
attachment.php

Positioning the front half
attachment.php

The upper roof sections are hinged for rolling down the highway
attachment.php

Crane lifting the hinged roof
attachment.php

After it is hinged up into place they installed a ridge peak, roofed it, pulled the blue plastic and installed a ridge vent
attachment.php

It took 2 hours to rig and break down but, 40 minutes set the two halves.
We'll be in the house by the third week in October.
Ran into some ledge rock digging the hole for the septic tank and had to break around two feet of it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20190909_081847.jpg
    20190909_081847.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190909_094844.jpg
    20190909_094844.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190909_104303.jpg
    20190909_104303.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190909_104523.jpg
    20190909_104523.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190909_111749.jpg
    20190909_111749.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190909_112543.jpg
    20190909_112543.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190909_115045.jpg
    20190909_115045.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190909_115109.jpg
    20190909_115109.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190909_155256.jpg
    20190909_155256.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190915_145601.jpg
    20190915_145601.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 33
very nice [cl
Just wondering OI, did you get something storm proof? What can a house like that handle? Most buildings can stand a bunch of wind but debris not so much... I`m glad we don`t have tornados like that.

Latest posts

Back