Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out nice!!! A little corner work and it'll be factor but better,they didn't think about it [cl
÷[P÷

Thanks Solz
Still a lot of work to do but at least I can now I can stare at it now instead of just thinking about it.

I gotta' telya'. The new door looks great. [cl

Thanks Skip. It should look better to me when I get it cut up and put back together another time or two..

Aha! The vision becomes reality [cl[cl You've got it well in hand now [P[P

I've heard a lot of comments from family and friends that all have the word
"why" in them. Hopefully they can see why I did this when it's finished and it doesn't look like a bad after thought and it's functional.

A little Duct tape and it will be good as new.[ddd:D. Seriously It looks factory.[cl[cl[P

Thanks Kenny
That's what I'm trying to achieve. Just need to get the fit and finish done on it.

I can just imagine how much work and thought that took. Right on. [P[P

It's like an addiction. It's been about the only thing on my mind for a while.
Thank you.

That's impressive! Nice work, that's really something to be proud of.

Thanks Bill
I'll be proud to say it's finished too! Still have to make it open, close and stay latched. But I've got it going my way now.

Thanks everyone for watching my madness.

I don't think they tried very hard. Just for grins I measured both sides floor to drip rail and there is 1/2" difference at the front door posts where it's never been disturbed.

I did a little more cutting, twisting, pulling and spotting today. I cut the upper corner out of the 2nd door and got it tacked in. This door sprung every way possible when I cut it apart. I'm gaining on it. It's going to work one way or another tho cause I'm too hard headed to give up now.

Attachments

• IMG-3204.jpg
    IMG-3204.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3205.jpg
    IMG-3205.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-3206.jpg
    IMG-3206.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 29
Looking good POPS😎
Tolerances back in the day can’t even come close to what’s accepted now.
I’m pretty sure my Dodge is about a 1/2 inch in difference from the DS to the P.S.
Either that or I can’t read a tape measure anymore . Which is highly possible.😳😜
Torchie

Looking good POPS😎
Tolerances back in the day can’t even come close to what’s accepted now.
I’m pretty sure my Dodge is about a 1/2 inch in difference from the DS to the P.S.
Either that or I can’t read a tape measure anymore . Which is highly possible.😳😜
Torchie

Are you holding the tape the other side up on the opposite side?

Latest posts

Back