Motor Monday... whatcha got?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows what these are?

h2FxdAL.jpg

The spindles are in gangs of four per side. I would guess it is a boring/honing operation.

What do you think, Doc?

Fascinating machinery at work, also notable is the young guys working there, no hearing protection - no wonder all the old guys who held these jobs are wearing hearing aids now...

Fascinating machinery at work, also notable is the young guys working there, no hearing protection - no wonder all the old guys who held these jobs are wearing hearing aids now...
Hearing protection wasn't all that great back then, even if it was used. Just ask my ears. Ten years around jets in the late 60s and early 70s. Science and technology finally sorted out programmable hearing aids that work for me. [cl

Hearing protection wasn't all that great back then, even if it was used. Just ask my ears. Ten years around jets in the late 60s and early 70s. Science and technology finally sorted out programmable hearing aids that work for me. [cl

I just say, "Huh"? and "What"? a lot.:eek:

Exactly. So the other eight holes would have to be... literally plugged!

I think it's a newer picture of a "throw-back" type event. Maybe 2-hole valve covers on a "single" head? Would the single spark plug line up? Either way, good catch.

*Edit: it's also a 392, so, coil-on-plug with wires running to mock valve covers for nostalgic looks - ??

Latest posts

Back