The runoff in Colorado is crazy!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I took my wife and one of my sons to a small waterfall we sailed my parents' ashes off of years ago. This is usually a scenic little waterfall with a decent amount of water coming over the edge. Today, with the runoff from a snow total over 600% of normal, the amount of water flowing over the falls was amazing. We could hear the noise of the falls from the highway a half-mile away...something I've never experienced in the last fifty years or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnFROeRziNc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeHWS4_Fk2Y

The photo is what they normally look like.

Attachments

• 2011_0813stuff0017.jpg
    2011_0813stuff0017.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 28
Wow that is crazy. They're telling us our Lake Reservoir that's above me is already 18 ft lower than normal

My wife said she saw an article stating that Lake Powell is 50 feet (FIFTY FEET!) higher than last year. I need to see if I can find corroboration...that's nuts.

Looks like a Mini Niagra, Animal.:eek:
Water levels are all up in the many lakes around me this spring. Lake Michigan looks to be as high as it was 15 years ago, or so, when the waster levels all dropped.
In my county one of the main roads has been closed almost everyday for at least part of the day as they pump the water off it.
Torchie

It's official...

My wife wasn't imagining things. This is from an article from the Associated Press...

"...Lake Powell, a giant reservoir downstream in Utah and Arizona, is expected to rise 50 feet this year, said Marlon Duke, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, which manages Powell and dozens of other reservoirs."

:eek::eek:

Waterfalls large or small are at the top of my favorite things on this planet. I got to stand at the guard rail at Niagara Falls and put my hand in the water right where it goes over the edge! Spectacular videos Animal.

Was that in the tunnels? Being in the tunnels and feeling the vibrations from the falls was spectacular. This was on the Canadian side.

I too love waterfalls.

We spent the week in Durango, daily it went from sunny and clear to loud, wet and windy. Took the grandkids to the pool and got run out by lighting[S
That is a spectacular fall.[cl

Latest posts

Back