Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find on the parts. [P[P[P
Thanks Dozer.

I remember you mentioned that color combo somewhere in the early stages of the project. I still think that would be an awesome choice :cool: please do write it in stone [cl

Thanks dutch.
Perhaps someone on here can get out their paint by numbers set and do a colorization for me.(Hint.Hint. Dr Crank.... or anyone else.
Here is a better pic of the outboard color and the side shot of the car courtesy of Rik on the Custom Car Chronicle site. And the one the guy from Germany did. That one has all the trim in place.
Torchie

Attachments

• ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk-1.jpg
    ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk-1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 23
  • e325dafcwyfgsha37huruaupa48uidgm.jpg
    e325dafcwyfgsha37huruaupa48uidgm.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 1150944_598069620245822_545115249_n.jpg
    1150944_598069620245822_545115249_n.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 17
The proportions on your car are going to be out of this world.

I see you are gathering the trim pieces you need. Sorry, I never got to French Lake this summer. Actually, I hardly got anywhere this summer.

The proportions on your car are going to be out of this world.

I see you are gathering the trim pieces you need. Sorry, I never got to French Lake this summer. Actually, I hardly got anywhere this summer.

No worries bob. I’m in the same boat and getting ready for more of the same.
Parts for this thing tend to just pop up now and then so I’m always watching.
Torchie

Spent the afternoon organizing (Code for "Creatively stacking.") the shop in prep of moving out the boat and moving in the 2 Dodges.
As I come across parts for the Dodge I am putting them all in one spot.
The tail lights I will be using are 49-50 Mercs.
These were gifted to me by a long time custom builder and good friend. They also came with the "Cans" to recess them and French them in.
So I did a little imagineering on the donor....
The stock tail lights. Not exactly a trend setter. :eek: :p
The Mercs. First in a vertical position.......:eek: :eek: :eek:
Then horizontal.:cool: [cl :D :D
They will also be lower down on the fender. You can see the rear bumper indent, They will be just above that.
Thanks for visiting.....
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 21
Out with the old. In with the .......old.

Despite the rain we got 2 of the projects moved today.
The boat is tarped and parked awaiting the bro -in-law. ( Don't anyone hold their breath.:eek: )
The Dodge custom got moved in. I will pull it off the frame and then I can turn it sideways in the back of the shop like I had the boat.
With out the frame I will have plenty of room around it to work.:D [cl :cool:
We will be moving in the donor Dodge this week and putting where the custom is now.
All of this shuffling around pointed out yet again the need for me to install some sort of pull point on both sides of the shop. May be a good quick project this winter. You can see the chain fall set up I used.:eek: :p :eek:
Thanks for visiting.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 17
Good to see you able to get back at it Torchie. I picked up a 2000 lb ATV winch on sale for $68. It works perfect for pulling the car in from outside.

Good to see you able to get back at it Torchie. I picked up a 2000 lb ATV winch on sale for $68. It works perfect for pulling the car in from outside.
I've got one of those little 12V wenches, too. But I always end up just using my bid come-along hooked to a lag hook in the back wall. I wonder how well those little wenches can lift. I need to try that out. I recall it didn't like pulling a car up onto a car trailer.

I've got one of those little 12V wenches, too. But I always end up just using my bid come-along hooked to a lag hook in the back wall. I wonder how well those little wenches can lift. I need to try that out. I recall it didn't like pulling a car up onto a car trailer.

Pick up a $6.00 4000 lb snatch block then no problem for heavier loads

I’ve got a decent winch but again no where to hook it to inside the shop,yet.
Skip. They are not good for lifting. At least not mine. Maybe a heavier one would work.
The donor car should be a easier move as it’s a roller and still steers.
Took me and a friend about 3 hours to tarp the boat. Move it out and then drag the custom in.
I don’t work as fast as I used too.😳
The frame under the custom is really getting soft as it started to crush when we put a floor jack under it to get the car up on the dollies.
I beginning to wonder if I should have kept the Olds. Even though I live in the middle of no where and some of the houses around me look like junk yards I don’t want that to happen to mine.
So at this point all my hopes and dreams are riding on the frame from the donor.
All has yet to be revealed.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back