1956 Coronet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverickmk

Rebel Rodder
This one has some potential. Love the hood.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1067027/1956-dodge-coronet-for-sale-in-dumas-texas-79029

qQfp48l.jpg

That seems like a good price for how good the body looks.

You can make them look cool, for sure. Someone could turn it into this if they really wanted to :)

attachment.php

I always liked the 56 Plymouth better for some reason.

attachment.php

Attachments

I really wish I was in a position to buy it. I have been looking for something like that for years now. Of course, now that I am in a rough place I cannot bring it home.

35 years ago, a good friend (Ian) had a '55 Dodge Suburban (2 door wagon). I thought it was butt ugly and a complete waste of time, but Ian had visions of a custom. [S

OK, Ian. We started down that path, removed the rear bumper and created a roll pan. We also frenched the headlights and it was starting to look like the custom he had in mind. Progress stopped there. We both got married and his Dodge laid in wait for several years before somebody made an offer he couldn't refuse. (I'm sorry we didn't finish the project, strange as it was for the time.)

Of course, now that I am in a rough place I cannot bring it home.

Sorry to hear, mav... without prying, I hope your fortunes change for the better!

I have similarities to Dr. Crank. When I was growing up my friends family had a Plymouth and I thought it was turdish. Lately, though that mid fifties style is growing on me, '56 especially.

Would'nt take much to clean the ugly off of it. A roll pan in the back per Doc's comment and replace the grille and bumper for something simpler and cleaner. The ugly hood could just be removed to show off that baby hemi! :cool:

Really? The hood is what I like the most! :eek:

When i saw that you had posted just now i thought wait, didn't Mav say he liked it the way it was?
Sorry, i should have worded my post differently. Didn't intend to be offensive my friend.

Please Eman, no offense taken at all!! :D
Now, if it was Doc or Sam, that would be a different story :p

Latest posts

Back