stress overload

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
now my bride is saying we are moving to nebraska
heres some quick backstory
before we met i lived in the same area for 32 years
since we got together i have moved NINE TIMES in three years.
last year i buried my older brother and mom.
got in a car accident
she totaled her car
changed jobs with every move (me)
and i ended up in the hospital with a stress induced ulcer.
now that ulcer is starting to go crazy again.
i cant say anything to her because it'll make her cry and feel like she is bad for me. (she is my delicate lil desert flower)
i know there is nothing any of you guys can do about it
but thanks for listening.

I hear ya Billy, hang in there and it'll all work out..............might be time for a little cruisin just to clear yer head. :cool:

yeah
it'll work out just fine.
we are getting closer and closer to our endgame
which is a house on a sizable chunk of wyoming land.
even if we dont get to live there for a few years we are buying soon.
i find great comfort in the idea of having a fallback position.
and yeah
it is high time for I.R. POPS and i to go blow the dust out of our rigs.
i better go do some more shooting too!
SKREE!
POW! POW!
VROOM!
etc....;)

my grandfather always told me to never worry about the things you can't change, and only worry about the things you can when it is time to change it. the wife can't understand the way i am about being that way, but it works for me. as long as the wife is happy the other thing will fall in place.

Just chill and take it a day at a time.
That stressing over it won't do either one of you any good.
Call me on your next day off and we'll go adjust your attitude and your outlook on life. And it won't even cost much, maybe 5 gallons of gas.

Just chill and take it a day at a time.
That stressing over it won't do either one of you any good.
Call me on your next day off and we'll go adjust your attitude and your outlook on life. And it won't even cost much, maybe 5 gallons of gas.

you got it boss:D

I can completely relate to the the stress part. I've had several expensive (a couple in the 5 figure range) mechanical failures in the last month. I have jobs that have to be done before crops can be planted and I have loads to haul. I can't get all of it done on time. :(

I'm not trying to hi jack your thread, just letting ya know that your not the only one with a ulcer lol.

I can completely relate to the the stress part. I've had several expensive (a couple in the 5 figure range) mechanical failures in the last month. I have jobs that have to be done before crops can be planted and I have loads to haul. I can't get all of it done on time. :(

I'm not trying to hi jack your thread, just letting ya know that your not the only one with a ulcer lol.

that aint hijackin
none of us live lives that are all sweetness and light.
i was just feelin sorry for myself

but i SURE dont like it when that ulcer kicks in!
i have broken bones and it didnt hurt like that.

One day at a time my friend. My semi is in the shop right now getting a new radiator and fan clutch I can't afford. Just have to pay it out in payments again. Just paid off a shop bill last month and was starting to see daylight again.:mad:

It'll work out. One day at a time.................................

I was just on vacation, and was very excited to de-stress. On the first day I dropped my cellphone and smashed the screen to bits. Stress comes in all different types and no one is exempt. Just keep your chin up and brush it off. Ulcers are no good.

Its easy to say dont stress , but its hard to do ... Just keep working at it billy ,, I feel for ya,, just keep on dreaming about your land and how your gonna be setting on your big ole wrap -around porch one morning and saying to your wife , ( whatcha want to do today ?) And she says lets go for a ride :D

Billy I'll trade you one day. You will be so damn happy when the day ends knowing you don't have to come back, the stress will melt away. Hang tough Billy.

Here is what i have learned. Force yourself to stay focused on what you want to happen and what makes you happy. No backsliding and no if 's ands or buts.
Determine that WHATEVER happens you don't care one way or the other because you choose to feel happy and will not waste your life being unhappy.Takes so much anxiety away because you already know happiness will be your future. Sounds unreasonable but the more you do these things the more your life will turn in these directions. This move will be stressful on your wife too and if you focus more on making it light and easy for her you will both feel better about it.
The ulcers will respond to some introspection. If you can get get to memories of changes in your life that caused anxiety, you can tell yourself that was then and this is now.You handled it then and you can handle it even better now.
Are you open minded Billy?

Robert Smith fast tapping technique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBNoefm5_i4

We have already done the really hard stuff.
Folks dying and career changes for me and seeing her kids move out and get on with their lives for her.
But I refuse to add to her burdens by whining about my bellyaches.
So I came here.
Thanks for listening fellas.

It's easy to say "Don't stress"..Hard to do though, but if it makes her happy and you can live with the changes...Go for it!. After reading your posts since you've been here, I have the feeling that you'll do well wherever you end up! :D Good luck Billy.

yes i support her ambitions.
she loves the job and the challenge.
sometimes i give her a bit of a push to get her to do something.
but once she gets a bee in her bonnet
she is a juggernaut.
i am more of a just go to work
go home
and tinker around the shop kinda guy
i am excited
i cant just magically stop my ulcer from percolatin.
but i am excited and proud of mah behbeh.

on the plus side. she left me unsupervised for four whole days and i havent done nuthin!
no do-it-yerself hairdoos.
no unexplained bullet holes
nuthin!

Latest posts

Back