stress overload

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on the plus side. she left me unsupervised for four whole days and i havent done nuthin!
no do-it-yerself hairdoos.
no unexplained bullet holes
nuthin!

I'm confused? [S Are we supposed to be impressed that you kept yourself out of trouble, or disappointed you didn't get yourself in to trouble? :D

When I start to stress too much I find it helps if I argue with my imaginary friends.

ok
it is cast in stone.
we are moving to north platte ne
she is leaving here (ABQ NM) on the 15th of next month
and on that day i give notice at my job and leave for ne on the 31st.
i got that 24 foot gooseneck trailer for all my crap (cars,tools etc)
and the rest of our stuff will be in the 28 foot 5th wheel camper
my buddy( I.R.POPS) will pull the camper with his truck and i will pull the goosey.
i have some things i need to take care of before i leave
but we be gone!
in a way i dont want to leave because i have made of couple of really great buddies here
pops is a heluva guy for instance.
but we gotta improve our lot in life
and this is the next step

Tough old cynical fart here. WTH? Detroit, then Wyoming and now she says Nebraska? Better get a grip on what lifes about and it ain't about tramping all over hell for a raise in pay. What about what YOU want and need? I hate to sound sexist but I think she needs to just focus on taking care of her man right now and forget the chasing her tail crap.

Tough old cynical fart here. WTH? Detroit, then Wyoming and now she says Nebraska? Better get a grip on what lifes about and it ain't about tramping all over hell for a raise in pay. What about what YOU want and need? I hate to sound sexist but I think she needs to just focus on taking care of her man right now and forget the chasing her tail crap.

We have been moving to advance her career
This last move will put us 200 miles from where we want to buy land and retire.
This job move will also put her income at almost six times what I make.
There is a method to the madness. ;)

Billy, I can relate but in reverse. In my early years anytime I was offered a few thousand more a year I would drag my family all over hell's creation. From PA to NC then to CA, back to PA, and then to FL........and we have moved 3 times within FL too.

I kept telling myself that I was doing it to better our family situation but in reality I was only thinking of myself. My Wife and kids were pulled along for the ride and looking back I think I really was pretty unfair to their wishes. I've always been a loner but my Wife and Sons had developed friends that I pulled them away from, and within the span of 4 years we had moved 4 times.

I was so self centered about it that when I was offered the job in Florida she wanted to stay in PA until school was out, so when she was at work I had the movers come and pack up the house, which forced her to come to FL with me. It was a long, quiet drive South, believe me.

Not saying that is what your situation is, but money isn't everything in life. Both parties have to be happy, unfortunately, I learned that lesson too late in life.

Good luck, Billy.

Don

We been married for three weeks.
As far as I am concerned
We just got started. ;)
All that other crap was just the opening chapter
Her kids are grown and I don't have any
We don't even have a dog.

Billy I don't want to sound mean but all of this stress is eventually going to kill you. Ask your new wife what is more important to her, you or her job. How many more moves are in your future and how much more stress can you take. Stress doesn't just cause ulcers, it also causes stuff that will kill you.

I hope everything works out for you and your wife, but your health should come before anything else. Let your wife read this thread and see what she has to say, maybe she is not aware of what these moves are doing to you.

Well, perhaps it is a frame of mind you have to put more effort into Billy. You know what your wife's job entails, and you accepted that when you married her.

I think it is time to let go of the need to have a solid home life in one location and know that you will have a place to live, but not really know where it will be. Hang on to the things that are consistent like your relationship, and your love of your hobbies, and forget the rest of the stuff...

Billy I don't want to sound mean but all of this stress is eventually going to kill you. Ask your new wife what is more important to her, you or her job. How many more moves are in your future and how much more stress can you take. Stress doesn't just cause ulcers, it also causes stuff that will kill you.

I hope everything works out for you and your wife, but your health should come before anything else. Let your wife read this thread and see what she has to say, maybe she is not aware of what these moves are doing to you.

she quit the company that was making her move al the time.
this is the end of runnin all over creation:D

Wow! What is really a turn around in events ! :eek: Hope the best for the two of you.

Don

i dont want it to sound like i am a tyrant
but if i tell her to do something
she will
but i hardly ever tell her to do something
this time the something was to send her resume out and see what happened.
thats why the job change happened.
and THAT is why she is making a lot more money
and we are somewhere we want to be.[cl

slowly packing up for the move to nebraska.
putting things we wont need right away and the hotrod on the 24 foot flatbed gooseneck .
after we get settled i will drive back down and get it
this trip is the 28 foot 5th wheel campers turn
we will put our personal stuff in it so we will have what we need with us.

Latest posts

Back