1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those might be pretty cause they are new but they have a vintage look to them with those old style needles...keep it up! Looks good and clean so far!

Hi Endicott, you were complaining about paying a lot for good gauges. Well, I saved money by making some and robbing the donor truck for other gauges, and was too hamfisted while installing them so now I get to lie on my back and work with one hand while holding a flashlight to fix my gas gauge a lot. So, you saved yourself a lot of cursing and lying on your back, you lucky dog.
Keep on tinkering, your doing fine.

Thanks Mac for the positive note. If I know one thing, I hate running out of fuel in one of my jalopies. That's one reason why I went with a sight glass instead of a fuel gauge. If ya can't see the fuel, there's none in it. Or at least a gallon or two. Waiting on painless to email me another wiring diagram because I haven't been able to figure out how to wire up my turn signal to the wires. It calls for a three prong but the harness has two two prongs and I'm uncertain on how it's supposed to go. We'll see if they get back to me. If not, I'll be calling them again.

Waiting on painless to email me another wiring diagram because I haven't been able to figure out how to wire up my turn signal to the wires. It calls for a three prong but the harness has two two prongs and I'm uncertain on how it's supposed to go. We'll see if they get back to me. If not, I'll be calling them again.

Sounds...painful...

[ddd

Sorry, had to do it!
Carry on [cl[P
-Chaz

It's all good Chaz. But yeah, very painful tryin to figure out the turn signal wiring. I guess I gotta call them back seeing as they never sent me te new diagram. Maybe this time I will email them with pictures so that they understand just what I am dealing with lol.

Got something done today. What I thought was just a piece of tarnished galvanized was actually a piece of tarnished copper sheet. Cleaned it up a bit using windex, 0000 fine steel wool, brasso, and neverdull. Almost looks like a piece of stainless or chrome until you get up close. Made a template out of cardboard and cut it to the shape of the cowl. If anything cleans up the front end, that did the trick. Used almost fifty rivets and attached it. Once it was on I used a flap disc to clean up the edges. Here's some pics.

Tomorrow I'll cut the hole for the throttle cable and mount the ballast resistor for the coil on the firewall and hopefully finish that part of the wiring.

Got my wiring all done and tested everything. Had to go with new headlights so they're a bit too shiny but they'll be fine for now. Also got my carb linkage and gas pedal figured out. So now it's just coolant hoses, headers, and rear tires and I'm finished. Well, along with a windshield but I'm having a helluva time finding an inner trim piece.

I know I haven't been around much lately but I haven't done anything recently. Ordered my pipe bender so it should be on it's way in the next week or so. Here's the latest thing I did. Upper water pipe done in 1" copper. I don't know how well it'll work yet but if need be, I can revamp it.

Latest posts

Back