Neurtal Safety Switch - Don't Have One!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip

Wow. The 39 is getting closer every day. Installed a new Speedway 20-circuit wiring kit. Loving it. Finally figured out that I don't have a neutral safety switch. Here's why.
89 S10 Chassis Donor was 5-speed.
305/th200 from an 85 Monte Carlo
Replaced the 5-speed steering column from the s10 with a later model automatic column. Early 90s, the guy said.
Sooooo, now I have a column that never had a NSS and a transmission that never had a NSS.

Has anyone come up with a simple cheap way to get a NSS back in the mix in a situation like this.

I have seen the after-marked add on switches, andI suspect that is the way I will have to go, but I like making things work if I can. Its more fun that way.

I don't mine spending money on safety stuff, but why, assuming I can make it safe without spending a bunch of money.

Order on from Summit Racing, $29.00. part # lok-bl1400u
Thank you! I didn't see that one in the catalog, or on line, until I ran the P/N you gave me. I'll go look at my trans and see how it will work with the stock shifter linkage.

Safety sw.

It bolt to the trans using pan bolts, will fit almost anything. Used it on my 700 r4. Very easy to adjust.

Got it at Baxter Auto Parts right here in Portland. They even gave me Speedway price. Looks like a piece of cake.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back