Car display "Don'ts"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys! Let me know if I'm out of line with my Moonshine still, whiskey kegs and the fat rat! Everybody seems to get a kick out of it, but maybe by the sound of the remarks in this thread, I might be pushing it!

I'm digging that still, especially if it works. Not so much on the rubber rat, but then my best friend has one wired in his grille.

OK guys! Let me know if I'm out of line with my Moonshine still, whiskey kegs and the fat rat! Everybody seems to get a kick out of it, but maybe by the sound of the remarks in this thread, I might be pushing it!

My opinion shouldn't matter to you. Do want you want.

We was asked our opinions and I gave mine. I think your truck looks good tho.

Another one or two that drive me nuts that have kind of been hit on already.

Plastic rats and spiderwebs of any kind. A few metal spider webs that I have saw are tastefully done but most of them look like crap. And we know its a "Ratrod" you don't need 10 plastic rats on it.

Hey my whole roof is a spider web, no joke !!!

Last edited:
I like the concept and it's not overly done.
What might be an idea for ya is a small trailer (built like the bed on your truck) with the still and your buddy on it [P

1. A rat rod on display should not have oil, gas, atf and antifreeze leaking from it. Two out of the four is okay. A square of cardboard should be placed under the car to protect Mother Earth.
2. The owner should not dress in an outfit that is color coordinated with the vehicle.
3. You should not have one of those cardboard clocks on an easel denoting the times you will be there to give a lecture about your car.
4. If you fall asleep in your lawn chair make sure your tee shirt doesn't expose your ultra white beer gut and that the legs of your shorts don't ride up too far. Much better to sit way behind the car instead becoming part of the display.

Latest posts

Back