Car display "Don'ts"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite as annoying but still deserves on the list, album of all the pictures of every aspect of sanding down the car. A couple pictures of how you found the car is ok if it was a barn find or something interesting.

I have a small photo album to prove the doubters that I built my car and drive it.
Tim

When I entered my 27 in it's first show years ago it was not done yet, I had to trailer it in. I laid an album of under construction pictures on the seat and I was amazed how many people would stand there for long periods of time thumbing through the pictures. I also had people tell me it was nice to see a car being displayed that wasn't done yet because it gave them an idea of what was being done to the car.

Don

Don't be this guy vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv I mean really who shows up to a car show with a trailer load down with scrap metal. Really what was this guy thinking. What nerve.

Attachments

• IMG_20130413_112807.jpg
    IMG_20130413_112807.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 63
I don't like when people open their hoods when there is really nothing to look at. I've seen late model cars at shows with their hoods up and the engine was dirty, I don't get it.

If it doesn't interest me or it's not my taste I simply walk by, a lot more important things to worry about.
No-one can tell me how to build my cars so I won't tell anyone how to show them.

I don't like when people open their hoods when there is really nothing to look at. I've seen late model cars at shows with their hoods up and the engine was dirty, I don't get it.

The only thing I can think of is to prove its not a trailer queen.

I have a small photo album to prove the doubters that I built my car and drive it.
Tim

Usually the guys with all the props are the "check-book" guys. They drop off their car and a check at a body shop to get their car restored. They don't have any build pictures because they didn't build it so they need to do something to make it more appealing [S
I personally don't go to very many car shows these days. I'm kinda' over the lawn chair crowd that has an attitude that if it doesn't have perfect paint, perfect interior, motor, etc, etc they won't give you the time of day. I have better things to do with my day, like actually working on my car and driving it.

Was at a small town show yesterday. About 30 cars. One was an untouched Vega - had mirrors around it to show how pristine the underside was - first time I appreciated mirrors.

Also was a new Camaro with it's hood up - totally stock motor with the plastic cover over the entire thing - why?

Best vehicle there - a home made articulated JD 110 lawn tractor.

I have seen that guy at car shows. Different at any rate.

BH nothing gets by you does it. If we can't poke fun at ourselves then who can we poke fun at.

I use to enjoy car shows but it became the same cars just different places. But now that I have gone to the darkside I just crash them. Mixes things up a bit.

I am kinda burned out on car shows.
I don't care to enter my car and mess around with parking or the entrance fee's
And in 10 minutes I am done looking at the cars that interest me anyway.

Another one or two that drive me nuts that have kind of been hit on already.

Plastic rats and spiderwebs of any kind. A few metal spider webs that I have saw are tastefully done but most of them look like crap. And we know its a "Ratrod" you don't need 10 plastic rats on it.

OK guys! Let me know if I'm out of line with my Moonshine still, whiskey kegs and the fat rat! Everybody seems to get a kick out of it, but maybe by the sound of the remarks in this thread, I might be pushing it!

Attachments

• IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 30
OK guys! Let me know if I'm out of line with my Moonshine still, whiskey kegs and the fat rat! Everybody seems to get a kick out of it, but maybe by the sound of the remarks in this thread, I might be pushing it!

Only one plastic Rat, You're good. However put that still into operation at the shows, now you're talking [ddd.

Latest posts

Back