200r4 tranny

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hfab5

Looking at running a 200r4 tranny. Got the trans for free, but am hearing people telling me to scrap it because of it needing a lockout switch. It's going into a 62 Chevy that will be driven often city/highway. Was looking at the Monster Transmission 200r4 External lockout kit. Does anyone have experience with this trans or the Monster Trans lockout kit?
Thanks for any help.

tmgant (Tobby)
Just put Toby in the search box and it'll bring up where he posted. He can tell ya.

Last edited:
mine

l put a stock one in my son's 1948 dodge truck behind a MILD 35O and it can work fine, the key to remember, IT CAN NOT BE ROMPED ON in stock form or it will not live very long. been driving her 4 years and no problems, BUT l am very mellow when toolin' around in her.

l seen people put tons of power to the ones upgraded with all the trick parts and live fine.

you will need a lock up converter and a kit to engage/disengage the 0D & like the other 0D trans the TV adjustment on the cable has to right or it will burn up the tranny.

sounds a little scary, actually it ain't to bad, if this this stuck in 7O's level of wrechen' dude can do it, almost anyone could.

talk to a lcal tranny shop and the guys who run 0D's, great sources of info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-mXIikOeCU

Later :cool:

Last edited:
Call me and I can go over what you need to do. Do not use the old lock-up switch, they go bad very quick. You can get my # off the website.. thanks Tobby

Latest posts

Back