1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is unacceptable.:D
BTT
Now that your back Old Iron I want to know about the nailhead.
Is it ready?????
Torchie.
Got back yesterday around 1:00
Took today to recoup.
Tomorrow is the day of reckoning :mad:
I don't like to get side ways with anyone, as it generally causes the end result to be less than I expect.
That said, I've ran out of patience with this fella and if you see what looks like a mushroom cloud centered over the middle of the USA well, that'll be me [ddd

Got back yesterday around 1:00
Took today to recoup.
Tomorrow is the day of reckoning :mad:
I don't like to get side ways with anyone, as it generally causes the end result to be less than I expect.
That said, I've ran out of patience with this fella and if you see what looks like a mushroom cloud centered over the middle of the USA well, that'll be me [ddd

Well that was kind of my concern Old Iron. Thats the main reason I learned how to do plumbing. Got tired of fixing stuff that I had just paid someone to do.
Seems like I am in the same situation with the front axle/kingpins on my project. Been waiting about 2 months now.:mad:
Good luck and I'll be watching for the cloud......
Torchie.

I've built engines all my life, the only reason I chose to let someone else do it is, I was scheduled to do all the Kuryakyn bike rallies this year and didn't have time :(
I did go over and have a calm discussion with the fella :p
Tell me if this sounds familiar, he told me to come over tomorrow afternoon and it will be done :confused: :rolleyes:
There's a swap meet in Springfield over the weekend and I'm going to cruise it for stuff :D :cool:

I've built engines all my life, the only reason I chose to let someone else do it is, I was scheduled to do all the Kuryakyn bike rallies this year and didn't have time :(
I did go over and have a calm discussion with the fella :p
Tell me if this sounds familiar, he told me to come over tomorrow afternoon and it will be done :confused: :rolleyes:
There's a swap meet in Springfield over the weekend and I'm going to cruise it for stuff :D :cool:

Yep sounds all too familar. They have it for 3 months and nothing gets done and suddenly it's only going to take a day or two more.:rolleyes:
Lets hope it for real this time.
Keep us posted.
Torchie.

I guess that little talk I had with him yesterday did some good :D
Here's the result.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I told him I would paint it.
I'm thinkin red.
I do plan to get the 4 deuce set up from Russ, Buick finned aluminum valve covers and an aluminum finned valley cover.
Engine builder told me if I had anymore work to keep him in mind [S :confused: :eek:

Attachments

• 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 211.jpg
    211.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 135
I just never get tiered of looking at Nailheads [cl so different than anything else, from the era when the engine was meant to be looked at and there was no doubt you were looking at a Buick
Nowadays if a person even lifts the hood (unlikely) you are just seeing hoses, wires and plastic junk....

In 65 - 66 Buick used a color they called late red and was use on the 425 and 401 GS optioned Skylarks.
Duplicolor makes the closest to it being DH1608.
The color I'm going to use is Duplicolor DE1653 red.
This pic is lighter than the color when viewed in person. it's more like the bell housing in the background.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 213.jpg
    213.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 169
Watching and enjoying from the beginning. [cl

Quick question(s): Didn't you buy a couple other "Tin Indians"? One from up here, Manitoba or Alberta and the other from Minnesota? Please correct me if I'm wrong... but if I'm right, what happened to those two?

Your memory serves you well Doc.
I picked up a 32 two door from Melita Canada and a 33 four door in Menahga MN.
The 32 went to a friend of mine which he promptly traded for the 48 Jimmie I now have and building. Had I known he would do that I'd of kept it to build.
The 33 from MN. was used as a parts car. The rear body section, frame, top of cowl and door pieces to convert this build from 4 to 2 door.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I haven't gotten rid of any except the 32.
What's left of the black 33 from Sawyer AR. Will be another project.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_6907.jpg
    IMG_6907.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 144
WOW 4 months later

I finally am stealing some time for the 33
Painted the engine, installed the hydraulic throw out bearing and mounted the Borg Warner 4 speed to it yesterday.
Today I will install it in the car :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 213.jpg
    213.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 215.jpg
    215.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 216.jpg
    216.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 115
Well, I did get the engine and tranny in. I also got the hydraulic clutch line hooked up too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 218.jpg
    218.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 171

Latest posts

Back