Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Undead Sleds... makin' old tin Undead every day! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk

Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk General discussion of car type stuff!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1371  
Old 08-27-2020, 10:40 AM
bob w bob w is offline
Still crazy after all these years!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stillwater, MN
Posts: 12,737
Default

We better have a talk about how much beer you are drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #1372  
Old 08-27-2020, 04:03 PM
dutch dutch is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Troadster View Post
i don't know what it is but i like it.
Thats a Vauxall Cresta.... I wonder why someone thought it needed a trip to the other end of the globe...
Reply With Quote
  #1373  
Old 08-27-2020, 07:59 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is offline
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 8,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Troadster View Post
i don't know what it is but i like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
Thats a Vauxall Cresta.... I wonder why someone thought it needed a trip to the other end of the globe...
The scripts on the car read Vauxhall and Velox. (I'm not arguing with you, just telling it the way I saw it.) English cars were fairly common in this country, but the RHD definitely speaks imported, rather than exported and sold here through GM dealers. How this particular car got here is anybody's guess, never mind the "gasser" treatment.

I'd "think" you'd be more familiar with the other BLACK car I posted, dutch...



That model ^^^ plays a supporting role in this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3q8Od5qJio


Quote:
Originally Posted by bob w View Post
We better have a talk about how much beer you are drinking.
Sure. I can talk and drink beer at the same time.

.
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing

Last edited by Dr Crankenstein; 08-27-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1374  
Old 08-28-2020, 02:20 AM
dutch dutch is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
The scripts on the car read Vauxhall and Velox. (I'm not arguing with you, just telling it the way I saw it.) English cars were fairly common in this country, but the RHD definitely speaks imported, rather than exported and sold here through GM dealers. How this particular car got here is anybody's guess, never mind the "gasser" treatment.

I'd "think" you'd be more familiar with the other BLACK car I posted, dutch...



That model ^^^ plays a supporting role in this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3q8Od5qJio

.

Had to google that Doc... not sure what the difference between the 2 is. Vauxalls were pretty common here back in the day... the Volga`s not so much.... Rammstein is cool... So is the exploding Volga...
Reply With Quote
  #1375  
Old 08-28-2020, 05:13 AM
lazarat's Avatar
lazarat lazarat is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
Back to the beer store last evening.





.
Quite different! and cool...
Reply With Quote
  #1376  
Old 08-28-2020, 05:22 AM
DozerII's Avatar
DozerII DozerII is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Saskatchewan Can.
Posts: 4,639
Default

I'm not much of a gasser guy, but that is kinda cool.
__________________
Glen
My 29 Essex Build http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34026

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Reply With Quote
  #1377  
Old 08-28-2020, 07:50 AM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is offline
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 8,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
Had to google that Doc... not sure what the difference between the 2 is. Vauxalls were pretty common here back in the day... the Volga`s not so much.... Rammstein is cool... So is the exploding Volga...
I don't know the difference, either... nor have I been able to find another 2 door version.

I drove past the Volga and thought to myself, what the hell was that? I had to turn back to have a better look and I had to Google it when I got home. Aside from the miserable POS Ladas, a Russian vehicle is a rare sight!

.
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Reply With Quote
  #1378  
Old 08-28-2020, 01:32 PM
dutch dutch is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
I don't know the difference, either... nor have I been able to find another 2 door version.

I drove past the Volga and thought to myself, what the hell was that? I had to turn back to have a better look and I had to Google it when I got home. Aside from the miserable POS Ladas, a Russian vehicle is a rare sight!

.
well... those POS Lada`s start to bring more and more $ overhere.... "cult" is what they call it The 2105 S Olympic is leader of the pack... this planet is going down the drain....
Reply With Quote
  #1379  
Old 08-28-2020, 06:42 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is offline
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 8,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
well... those POS Lada`s start to bring more and more $ overhere.... "cult" is what they call it The 2105 S Olympic is leader of the pack... this planet is going down the drain....
Jonestown was a cult. (I'll leave it there.)

We were blessed with the Lada Riva and Niva. They were cheap, but in a few years, the scrap yards were full of them. Ha!

.
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Reply With Quote
  #1380  
Old 09-05-2020, 09:00 PM
maverickmk's Avatar
maverickmk maverickmk is offline
Rebel Rodder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cocoa FL
Posts: 9,144
Default

Saw this beauty while I was out and about today.





__________________
Die with memories, not dreams.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Rat Rods Rule Inc.