'36 Ford Truck (Trey's Truck)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Paul & Son! A nice reward after all the work. You have a truck you can. Be very proud of.

That's gotta feel good! I keep longing for the day that happens tho I know it will be a while...sharp looking truck guys!!!

Video

Thanks guys, yes, what a feeling to finally get this thing to this point. My job started taking a lot of my time so it felt like some days we made no progress. We kept setting small goals and would work hard to complete them. What really helped was Trey getting motivated to get the truck to a few local shows. He would drag me out to the garage to work on it!

The next goal: Windshield, lights and Plates. We want to drive it to the Lone Star Round up! Anyone from Houston going?

Took some videos today and Trey put them together.

I tried to embed the video, but I couldn't figure out how so I guess y'all will just have to click the link..:rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/5sbZTxZYmW0

Last edited:
Yah Hoo!

Paul And Trey:
Very glad to see and here it running. I dig Trey's smile. You both should be very proud of your work and man does it ever sound good. Great craftsmanship. Congratulations on a fine build. [cl Have fun and be safe but drive it like you stole it Paul. [ddd Trey needs to wait. It will keep the fuzz away if he cools it. Keep up the great work and it does my heart good to see a real father and son project. Thanks for sharing your build with us. Aren't rats, rods and the people involved in them the best? So is this site. Later all.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks Steve, Snake, Skull, Jfg and everyone else for the kind words and encouragement. We put the plate on it Friday and have put over 150 miles on it. Yesterday we drove out to a friends place in Industry Texas and did 128 mile round trip. Then we hit our first car show last night.

WE drove most of the day on the primaries of the first carb but I stuck my foot in it a few times and got the second carb to open and it's a rocket ship!

We needed to do a shake down run to make sure we were good for this Friday. We are driving it to Austin for the Lonestar Roundup. We hope to see some of you folks there. I have some good pictures I need to download from the camera but Trey sent me this IPhone picture.

Industry1_zps461ab2af.jpg

Congrats, that thing must be a blast to drive. Take lots of pics at the lonestar round up, i wanted to go this year but life got in the way. Im really hoping ill be able to make it next year, never been but always wanted to go.

-Chris

Whew!

Now that's what it is all about. Great Pictures and a smiling son. You guys done good. Have fun and kick those secondaries in often. It sure looks like all the work and time were worth it. Nice truck. [cl

P.S. I am finally working on my header and manifold design. Won't be done until next year. This year I have to get the F-100 brakes on and the back window in.
We just can't quit fussin' with stuff.
Have fun and enjoy.

Steve

Made it to and from the Round Up. I found an unofficial car count of 1767! We made the drive from Houston to Austin and back with no mechanical troubles. The show was insane! I have never seen that many pre 1963 hot rods and customs in one location. I will get the pictures uploaded to a hosting site to share soon.

Thanks for the kind words and Steve, we will be interested in that F-100 brake swap so post lots of pictures and detail please.

Trey picked up some string at the hardware store and got busy!

We are going to make some leather pieces to cover the areas where the spokes are.

image_zpse67fbb8a.jpg

More good looking stuff on your car

Hey guys glad to see that you are doing some cosmetic changes. The wheel looks great. Trey, nice work. I finished the F-100 brake conversion finally and I posted it on my thread if you are interested. Hope you are able to attend lots of events this year. I have been to a couple and plan on a few more. I am about to order my back glass and will install it next. Keep on having fun and Trey drive it like you own it.

Steve

Hey Steve, we have been to several shows since the Roundup. Trey is having a blast and meeting a lot of hot rod folks. We drove up to a friends place not too far from my place in Coldspring, Tx Friday night and drove home Saturday. On the way home we got caught in an afternoon rain shower. The first thing we both said was how bad we need a back glass! The rain was getting sucked in and we were soaked by the time we made it to the house!

Unwinding at the farm!

hotrodandguns_zps129bffa9.jpeg

Backglass

Hey guys:
I can attest to the getting caught in a thunderstorm. I was coming back from a local event and unfortunately followed it home. I decided then and there that the backglass was a necessity. It was not very painful or expensive. I posted my process in my thread if you are interested.
I am about to go to a weekly event we have here (Wednesdays) at our race facility. It is put on by one of the local restaurants and has attracted as many as 2000 wheeled vehicles (Cars, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles etc.). Not bad for a weekly event. It is for a good charity and lets us all see a wide variety of stuff and many new vehicles. It is a well received and attended event.
I have developed a wheel/tie vibration in the front and have not been able to stop it. Two different tire outfits have not been successful. I am puzzled and have tried to check everything up front. It occurred, coincidentally, it started before I changed the front brakes and is worse now. This is my next project.
Hope you all are having fun still. Keep on playing, driving and fixing. Later

Steve

Latest posts

Back