'36 Ford Truck (Trey's Truck)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the title in the mail yesterday! One more hurdle cleared.....

If you need help with a Texas title give Lawrence Auto Title a call. They were very helpful.

Got a lot of work done but I will have to wait for Trey to send me pictures. I also figured out our steering column with the help of Blair over at Borgeson. We spoke with him at the Goodguys show in Fort Worth and he showed me a column shaft they sell for 55-57 Chevys. I just ordered it today. Now I don't have to cobble a shaft together and it cost me less than $50.

Glad to be back and here's some pictures.

We'll roll it outside this weekend for some better pictures but here are some in the mean time. Another small update as well, we got the column shaft from Borgeson and it fit perfectly. Ordered some bearings and found some tube so the column will be together soon.

36RC1_zps6c7d45ed.jpg

36RC2_zps372c0b17.jpg

Steering column is now done! We made the bracket for it today and got it bolted in and it looks like everything is going to fit. Trey took some pictures for me.

36Ford015_zps907afa3b.jpg

Radiator and grille shell brackets
36Ford019_zpsb3e8bace.jpg

Clutch slave cylinder
36Ford018_zps11866b42.jpg

Getting better

Hey guys the truck is getting closer and closer. :)It looks great. I see the slave cylinder for the clutch fits great. I am glad you decided to use a stick. It is much more fun and easier to repair. Keep up the good work. I take my truck in for a front end alignment next week and then I am done with the winter changes. I'm gonna drive the wheels off this summer. I will post some pictures on my thread of my new "interior". Later
Steve

Hey Steve, good to hear of the "almost" completion of the winter projects! I'll hop over and check out your interior. That's one of the to-do items on our list.

Trey helped me shorten the bed sides 9" in the front and we mocked up the bed. We raised it up another inch or so after this pictures and it's just about right. We will make some cross members in the next few days and see if we can get it bolted down. We will roll it outside before we make the final decision if the height is right.

IMG_0009_zpsd77429a7.jpg

IMG_0010_zps54a1bafa.jpg

We made some more progress! The steering is complete short of making the collar for the column down at the fire wall but it is all connected from the steering wheel to the steering arms!

We also changed plans on the brake and clutch pedal setup and bought a Kugel 90deg. assembly and will get it mounted this weekend. I'll try and get some pics up.

36Ford007_zps27a1d3d3.jpg

36Ford006_zpsee55b7ff.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments! We need the motivation to get this truck running and driving this summer.

Trey and I got the brake and clutch pedal assembly mounted and worked out some problems with the shifter and reverse lever.

It's ALIVE!

Finally after what seams like forever we fired it up. I just wired a switch to power up the resistor and coil and a remote starter button.

Trey hit the starter and we got a pop back up the carb so I backed some timing out and it started on the next try! It has a new cam and lifters so the video is at a fast idle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PE40nyTA-E

Latest posts

Back