What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not a bad weekend I guess my joke on the girls boyfriend went good he tryed about half a hour to light the grill. Watched some football with the future mrs psycho. Painted the stairway. Cleaned my shop ( found every tool I've been looking for ) mounted airhorns on my truck will hook em up ltr and went to fd to clean my gear now I'm back at work and ready to relax

Like I need another project....

Grandson came over....wanted to start on his S-10 V8 build....:eek:...(can't even work on mine)... so I guided him thru some basic stuff...we cut out some butchered motor mounts from a previous owner.....straightened out the firewall from the same butcher who did the mounts and tried to put a 350 in it with mounts too far back so he hammered in the firewall......pulled the butchered up dash(previous owner tried to fiberglass the dash board in some funky custom mode) out of the truck.....low and behold found a third pedal...or at least the remants of it....somebody cut the clutch pedal off below the dash...[S Truck is from somewhere down south....said arkansas but not sure....no rust at all anywhere so definately not from MI.....so we now have a blank canvas.....sorry pics are from my crappy cell phone.....

Attachments

• left side front.jpg
    left side front.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Interior after stripping down.jpg
    Interior after stripping down.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Left side rear.jpg
    Left side rear.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 17
  • firewall in progress.jpg
    firewall in progress.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 15
  • After removing hack job motor mounts.jpg
    After removing hack job motor mounts.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 16
Don't mind helping him at all...

Awesome Sarge. I have been wanting to build a V-8 S10 for a daily driver.

Could really enjoy this build with him....Wish I could do more.....Just this darned Knee keeps me from being able to kneel or squat or even climb up on things.... I hate this....if I'd known it would take so long for this to heal, I would never have had the surgery...more discomfort and pain that before the surgery.... frustrating....:(

it will get better. V8 S-10's are always fun. Looks like a clean start.[P

Martyf what kind of power do you expect from the beast? I finally had a few decent pay checks that will allow me to finish my 454 and I feel like a kid at Christmas. Summit loves me.

racer thing

l finally decided it was time to really start plugging away on the 194OlSH mopar race car/street car jalopy since l'm at a stand still on the other 3 (4?) projects l got going on.

Later :cool:

Martyf what kind of power do you expect from the beast? I finally had a few decent pay checks that will allow me to finish my 454 and I feel like a kid at Christmas. Summit loves me.

I will have my engine done before Christmas, sooooo Im sure I wont get much under the tree :rolleyes: oh well

Im looking at about 450 plus HP Ill be installing a twin carb tunnel ram, with two Eledbrock 650 cfm carbs

Im hoping the power to weight ratio will be in my favor, Im hoping to keep my 30 Tudor under 1800lbs:D:D:D

I will have my engine done before Christmas, sooooo Im sure I wont get much under the tree :rolleyes: oh well

Im looking at about 450 plus HP Ill be installing a twin carb tunnel ram, with two Eledbrock 650 cfm carbs

Im hoping the power to weight ratio will be in my favor, Im hoping to keep my 30 Tudor under 1800lbs:D:D:D

I'm up for adoption is you need a son to test drive it[dr[dr[dr[dr

blankets (uh fancy, custom seat covers) ordered, replacement trunk boards ordered. I FINALLY MAY HAVE FOUND THE CHROME TAILLIGHT HOUSING, carpet ordered, little bits and pieces ordered. fiberglass/metal work/primer this weekend....dun dun dun

Got some more cutoff wheels today so I can finish my relief cuts and zip this top back on the truck. Also had my brother bring me a lincoln 225 for my frame work.

Looks like all you folks are having fun. I picked up a 73 chev. 1/2t last week for parts, gonna use the frame for my 48 pickup, and the engine (250 6banger) for a speedster project. You can check out pics of my junk on photobucket link...

Latest posts

Back