52 f1 frame swap

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2rvrs

Hi my name is Dan ,Im, 70 and going through my second child hood ,so I,ve been told . I ,m in the process of putting a 52f1 on a 79 s10 frame .The s10 was free ,I have had the frame sand blasted and painted.and installed new brakes and lines.frame came with steering box but no pump,and no brake booster or pedals.My 52 is in exellant shape for the year ,cab and floor are a 9out of 10, box and front fenders have a few minor rust holes but just add to the patina.My goal is to make a daily driver rat rod .I need advise on brake system and steering.thaks a lot Dan

Welcome to Triple RRR

We do need pictures, we're funny that way [S
Ask your questions and you'll answers, maybe more than you want :rolleyes:

hi guys this is Dan I appreciate your interest,i,m not to good with computers so please excuse my mistakes. Any way I will get my daughter to put up pics this week end.The frame is from a 91 s10 not 87 my mistake.My main problem is what power steering pump,brake booster andbrake peddel would work best.My grand son hauled the body c/w power steering pump @brake parts to recycle by mistake.I live out in country and cant find another s10 but there are a lot of every thing else.I just don't want to tear a truck or car apart and pay for them if theyare not compatable,Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot Dan[cl

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I also live out in the country. Chev stuff is not my bag so I can't give advice, but S-10 pedals are hanging and old Ford ones go down through the floor, so you'll have to make up your mind which way you want to go.
We sure like pictures.
Keep on tinkering.

If you hang pedals and go through the firewall, make certain to reinforce the firewall with 1/8" or 3/16" plate. The firewall is not strong enough and will flex when you press the brake/clutch pedal.

I would go with the Ford brake and clutch pedals and the steering column
it is going to be a ratrod I like mine to look old with old stuff . Just my 2cents w/.
I don't like my Mustang seats but that is what I had. so use what you got to use.

Latest posts

Back