Well it's starting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daman

Now the fun starts. A little cuttin and a little weldin and it should sit around 11"-13" lower.

Olds Frame
IMG_0001-2.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

Parts truck
IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

This frame is gonna be cut up and put in between the Olds frame then the outer frame is gonna be cut off

IMG_0005-2.jpg

IMG_0006-2.jpg

Man that sheetmetal looks to be in great shape. So pretty much you're just planing on subbing the old frame? Keep us posted on progress.

Just getting everything even before starting the frame. I know it sounds backwards but that's how I'm working LMAO

IMG_0006-3.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

And it will sit down quite a few more inches when the frame is finished

Got the donor frame cut out today and will start measuring to weld it in
IMG_0006-4.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

I sure do like the looks of an old IH truck. Yours has kind of a Rasta feel to it with those cool colors. Looks like you are making progess with it already. Still having a hard time believing you cut the old body off with a pair of bolt cutters.

i like where you started.....i like where you're going......and i sure want to see ya get there!!:D:D
i like the looks of the old binders, too, and i think you'll have a cool old truck that is also easy to drive&enjoy..:cool:

HRP

Got a little bit more done today.
I had to move it outside. Them old timers keep it so hot in there and they were complaining about me and my speedo.

I thought it was close to being on before I used the rods to shore it up. Now there is no doubt
IMG_0003-3.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0005-4.jpg

Man, that IH is in great shape! Keep it coming. I like it. I'm interested in the project, want to see how you accomplish the cut-n-weld. Perley

Man, that's crazy! Great idea for frame alignment, who woulda thunk!?!;)

Can't wait to see it without the bumpouts on the sides of the frame. 'Course, you coulda just left 'em on and used 'em to bolt down your running boards!:rolleyes:

I vote to keep the turbine wheels, too. They's much cool.:cool:

Oh yeah, MORE PICS!!!:D

Regards,
Shea:)

Here it is mock up
IMG_0001-3.jpg

What I didn't get pics of was the plumb bobs, levels, straight edges hanging everywhere. I've never done anything like this before, so I figured my plan yesterday and set out to accomplish it today. Everything is now tacked in place and just a few more brackets for strength need to be made before the final weld

I cut holes in the Olds frame front and back to add tubing. It will be welded inside after the Olds frame is cut off. These will be boxed in for more strength. The front is at the top of the frame and the back is more towards the center for torsional twisting
Front
IMG_0005-5.jpg

Back
IMG_0012.jpg

This is also going in behind the boxing of the frame for more strength. There will be 2 each side front and 2 each side back.
IMG_0010-3.jpg

This is a front one that has to be notched and another will go directly beside it to completely cover the bar going through the frames They would make a W if looking at them from the top. Ya never know if a special Big Block is going in
IMG_0011-1.jpg

I haven't welded anything heavy duty in some time so some of them don't look Too hot and it isn't final weld so please be gentle

Beer can and a half high. I think it's gonna sit pretty nice

FILE0014.jpg

rear taped and painted
FILE0026.jpg

front taped and painted
FILE0028.jpg

Latest posts

Back