Well it's starting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not moving as fast as other builds...but it's getting there[P

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

The rears I could've capped but decided to wait when I do the fronts. I have to wait to mount the cab and front clip to see if I need to cut more off the front for the fender clearance.

Nice work, I like the idea of leaving the old frame in place and welding the the original frame rail in place, saves a lot of time lining things up.

I am currently putting a 53 chevy onto a 1987 chevy s-10 4x4 frame. cant wait to see how yours turns out.

Pablo

Just finished up my tranny mount today

Workice021.jpg

Workice018.jpg

I didn't think I would be able to use my old exhaust. I'm gonna do something different with it after I get my rear brake lines ran.
Someone had theirs through the frame. Mine might be like that but exit right behind the cab
Workice024.jpg

Workice022.jpg

Been driving it and having fun this summer
0919101459b.jpg

0919101459a.jpg

0919101459.jpg

I still haven't capped the ends. LOL That will happen this winter. Other mods I need to do is finish the grill and pull the bed and do some finish work on it and also a floor for it. Other than that I'm basically done. Oh, other than the heater and windshield wipers getting hooked up. Well then there is the fuel tank filler hole I need to do something with. Then the bumpers. I guess the list just keeps getting longer LOL

One thing I can't figure out is the radiator. It pukes about 8 oz. everytime I turn it off. I have had 2 regular caps on it, 7 and 15 lbs but it over heats. I use the stock cap that don't let the system pressureize and it stays around 190. Any Ideas? I'm looking at an aluminum radiator.

Do you have an over flow bottle? That way it pukes it into the bottle when the coolant heats up and expands. Then as it cools and contracts it will suck the coolant back in from the overflow bottle keeping the system full.

I tried that and it still heats up pretty good. This is the only way it stays at a normal temp. I'm hoping the new radiator will control the heat more. I found out the reason was the IH is a non pressurized system and it will never work any other way. That's what the radiator shop told me anyway:confused:

Latest posts

Back