1000 Dr C you can do it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you-can-do-it.jpg

Come on, Dr. C. If the free ice cream that you get when you hit 1,000 isn't enough incentive, then the Stripper Gram we send to your home should really make you want to do it !!!!!!!!!!! The girls are ready to roll !!!!!!!:D:D

Don

funny_old_people_07.jpg

Do not give "the girls" any alcohol, they'll never leave (unless you're into that sort of thing). And, make sure they take their underwear with them when they finally do leave :eek:

Thanks Dr. C. for bringing all the great drag car pics and knowledge to RRR.

And because of you I've learned to read Canadian.

Thanks Dr. C. for bringing all the great drag car pics and knowledge to RRR.

And because of you I've learned to read Canadian.

Yes...I second that.....thanks for taking the time to research why my daily driver brake lights wouldn't work. I appreciate all your effort....keep the commentaries coming!:D

It's my pleasure CR, glad I could help. :)

bob, I understand we sound a little different, even in print! Strictly humor, but I've been to Minnesota a few times and some of the English I've heard there requires a keen ear. Think "Fargo" here. :D

A quick story about language and accents...

Back in the mid 90's, we were in your territory for Brainerd's national event. Tech inspection was in a mall parking lot and things were moving s l o w. So, a group of us "waiters" were having a BS session, a couple of southern gents, a fella from the east coast, two of us Canadians and a Brit. It soon became apparent none of us spoke English. "Huh? What? Say that again?" Comical to say the least. I was told I speak like my mouth's full of marbles... and I learned a few new ways to pronounce "concrete". :D

A word of warning to anybody visiting Brainerd. There's a little joint downtown known as "The Blue Ox". Never, and I mean never stick around for their idea of adult entertainment. If I knew then what I know now, I'd say Don booked the "talent". (See page 1) :eek:

Last edited:
Dr. C. There's probably more spectators from Winnipeg at the Brainerd Nationals than from anywhere else. I tell people that Minnesota is just southern Canada.

My turn for a little story: Several years ago a friend and I were in south Florida and we stopped in a Tee Shirt store. The sales guy said he could tell where we were from by our accents. Of course, Minnesotans believe we have no accent and sound just like the national newscasters. We talked for a bit and he said, "You're from Winnipeg...(pause) no...you're from Minneapolis/St/Paul." He nailed it!
That's when I started thinking of you across the border folks as my brothers.

Latest posts

Back