1927 Chrysler build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoitink

Well it's that time of year and It's time for a new build :)
So I've got my self a dodge or so I'm told but the tag on the firewall says it's a Chrysler, So if anyone has a better Idea what it is let me know.

As I got it home
IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

Mmmmmm wood rot
IMG_2325.JPG

So time to weld up the back doors and get the top ready to clip
IMG_2327.JPG

and so it begins :)
IMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

and some more chopping
IMG_2334.JPG

So off with the lid it goes
IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

Slowly she's loosing all her wood lol
IMG_2343.JPG

Little better lol
IMG_2345.JPG

Last edited:
Ok now I'm starting to get everything lined up
IMG_2344.JPG

Now getting ready for the actuall chop of the car
IMG_2348.JPG

There a little better
IMG_2349.JPG

Did a mock up of her today to see how the suspension will go and room for the motor and what not looks pretty good I think lol
IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

Nice project! I like how you have turned it into, for the lack of a better term, an extended cab truck. :)

Is that the engine you will be using?

I like it. Now wondering how you are going to handle the rear section of the body. It has a great look to it already. Keep the pic's coming.[P

i like it man... thats some good work.. i have seen one other one done kinda like that.. but i dont think it stared as a 4 door like yours..

So got a little done on the frame seems that as I built a new shop I have less time to work on my own stuff lately lol

First I had to gut the floor out of the car.
IMG_2365.jpg

The start of the frame
IMG_2366.jpg

I originally had the rails strait but changed that as I wanted to channel the car and need to lower my seats in the frame rails if need be.

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

Last edited:
frame relief cuts

once again fresh thinking....what did u use to cut the relief cuts on the forward part of you frame to make the bend....i dunno a picture is worth a thousand words but what did you use for a blade and how the hell did you figure where to cut to get the swooping arch on that frame....did you have a frame table or did you wing it?....i just scored a model a pick up and have to build a frame there are just so many ways to skin that cat..are you doing a high boy or are you gonna do a slight channel? ..what are you using for bones?....what do you use to pin the bones to the axle?...im trying to avoid the speedway catalog as much as possible....sorry for all the questions ...but this is what it all about.....thanks im gonna be all over this build!!!

woops

i noticed your sign "WRONG WAY"...i dig that...we got an old saying round my parts..."THERE IS THE RIGHT WAY....THE WRONG WAY...THEN MY WAY"..and what is wrong with the old shop?....holy moly man what a sweet set up....better than my old dairy barn...oh by the way..what year and CI is that hemi?...how did you find it?

Latest posts

Back