**1928 Willys Whippet,,,,Truck**

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V12 WIllys

Banned
Thought I would post some photos of my project.

1928 Willys Whippet Series 98 Tudor Sedan, Well that is what it started life as many many years ago.
It is now chopped down into a 5 window extended cab truck and channeled 4" in the front and 2.5 in the rear. The Willys looks alot like a model a except that the doors are about 7" longer than the Ford and the cowl is 4" narrower than a Ford.
1935 ford bed 4" long
Front axle is 1930 Ford (the one in the photo is for mock up only)
56 Fork Truck Drum brakes
Rear suspension is 1997 Lincoln Mark 8 Fully independent and air bags.
Engine is a 1991 BMW 850IL 5.0 liter V12 and 4sp auto tranny
I have ditched all fuel injection and computers intake will be custom tunnel ram with 2 holley 4bbl carbs The V12 is about 4" longer than a small block chevy but it is about 200 pounds lighter, and its just ****ing cool.

This weekend I will finish the exhaust and the intake I will post more photos if I get off my lazy butt.

DSC02784.jpg

DSC02782.jpg

DSC02785.jpg

Really unique and pretty mean lookin :D I'll be interested to see how you get that bimmer running without computers. What are you going to use for a distributor?

Have to ask about that front axle though - looks like there's hardly any metal left in it:eek: Looks a bit scary to me....

BMW Made it easy for me to ditch the computers. The BMW V12 uses 2 distributors and two magnetic crank triggers. The motor is basically two seperate straight 6's running 30deg apart. So I had to buy 2 MSD 6AL boxes one for each side. There was a little more involved but still it was a very simple fix.

pretty neat set-up and like bonehead already said, that engine will put it in a class all its own!
would love to see more of this so keep us posted!:cool:

Good looking truck. Like the body job. That & the engine really set it apart. Can't wait to see the progresson this one.

Ts

Cool project, we have a 29 Wipet that I have beggen the owner to let me make a project out of but he keeps telling some one will buy it, but seeing this makes me want to push a litter harder...thanks for the pics

Finally I have a update on my build.

Since I last posted photos I have exhaust made intake and carbs on I chopped down the grill shell, I had my driveshaft made and i bought new seats. and after months of searching I found a Willys tailgate the tail gate was by far the most difficult piece to find.
next step is the floor and fire wall. I wont get much work done this weekend BILLETPROOF.

oh yeah I got my new rear tires you can see them in the background of one of the photos. My truck will not fit in the garage with them on. Its too wide

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0280.jpg

Wow that is quite awesome. Looks like some fine work on that intake. Never seen an old Willys tailgate before - cool!

Have you cranked it yet?

In not, when are you going to get it running? I'm curious how that motor likes the carbs and tunnel ram.

Oh yeah, post up video.

Latest posts

Back